GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 05 silverado (single cd/tape/radio) cd player quit working. I had had some trouble with it skipping and then ejecting discs, but this time, it took the cd and now wont recognize that theres a cd loaded. the radio and tape still work, but does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
its done for, get an aftermarket and bust it open to get the cd, i have had to do that twice with those crap delco cd players

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yep. If you really want to stick with factory, you can probably find something on eBay. But I'd personally go the aftermarket route. You can still keep costs low and get way more features and better sound quality than anything OEM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
radio

the only proble with going aftermarket you will have get the gmos or the lan harness for truck. they run $100 to $200 depending on which one it needs....

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Have same problem with my '04! I finally ended up using my "i-pod" with a "cassette" interface. Works for me, good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Go after market for sure! I prefer Alpine and they make some really nice basic players to the 1000 dollar flip outs! I can only dream...haha

Oh and check out Wal-mart and other stores to find a cheap wiring harness.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You have the option of going low-ball by keeping the existing troubled OE unit and adding an external CD player.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cd player

If the interior has been exposed to alot of dust or smoke, the optical pickup may be dirty. If you can get the unit out and open it up, look for the optical pickup (looks like an LED) directly below the CD tray and clean it off with some windex on a Q-Tip. Worth a try before replacing the unit...IMHO ,Doug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts