GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone ever put a center console in an 03+ truck that has the floor shift 4x4? maybe putting a bend in the lever or something? i really want a truck with a center console, and a lot of trucks have the floor shift but no center console. and adding the console isnt that hard, but how much does/would the floor shifter get in the way?

thanks for any input

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've not considered the 4x4 issue... But I too am currently looking to install a center console into my truck. So I'd be interested to see what anyone has done in the way of installing one in their Silverado!

I've got an '06 Standard Cab W/T and am looking to install something out of like a Tahoe, Suburband, or even an Escalade I guess. I thought about getting out to some of the scrap yards to look into pulling one, but have no idea if they'll even actually work or not.

I don't have any of the stock electrical upgrades (Nav, XM, OnStar, Etc). And being that I've got the standard cab truck, I'm not looking to wire up the rear HVAC controls at all. What I seek to gain is a more user friendly console and center divide so that I can setup my Laptop workstation and still install a subwoofer behind the seats/console (if I could ever find a box for my 12" sub)....

-Jo$h

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.