GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't rocket science and didn't have a problem reseting it last time but it wont reset for me this oil change and i cant figure out why.

The CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes on for 10 seconds like it should but when I hold the pin in it just changes over to the odometer then after ten seconds or so goes to change the language.

Nothing I have tried will let me reset the change engine oil warning ?????????????

Could replacing the factory stereo some how affect this, I wouldn't think so because I can reset the trip and the language just not the oil warning ?

Thanks for any help.

2003 Silverado Ext 4x4 4.8

·
Registered
163 Posts
To reset the change engine oil light message, turn the ignition key to run with the engine off. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the change engine oil message flashes for five seconds, the system is reset.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To reset the change engine oil light message, turn the ignition key to run with the engine off. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the change engine oil message flashes for five seconds, the system is reset.
Thanks John that did it.

Nice of them to not put that in the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts