GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wasnt able to find anything about this and i think its in the right place to start this thread.
So anyway my girl friend has a 2001 GMC Yukon Xl with the 5.3 li. the check engine oil level light is on, ive checked the oil countless times and its fine, when it was brought in for an oil change they shut it off, but then it came right back on, the service engine soon light is also on and doesnt go off. i have no idea why they would be on any help would be appreciated esp since the mechanic had no explanation for it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think you can reset it by turning the key to the "on" position (do not start it), and pressing the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Then again, that's the way the newer ones are, so I could be wrong.

·
4,774 Posts
i wasnt able to find anything about this and i think its in the right place to start this thread.
So anyway my girl friend has a 2001 GMC Yukon Xl with the 5.3 li. the check engine oil level light is on, ive checked the oil countless times and its fine, when it was brought in for an oil change they shut it off, but then it came right back on, the service engine soon light is also on and doesnt go off. i have no idea why they would be on any help would be appreciated esp since the mechanic had no explanation for it.

Did the message center said....Check Engine Oil or Change Engine Oil??....

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive tried that, and it does nothing, i know it works for the change oil light, but for the check level one it doesnt seem to work

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Did the message center said....Check Engine Oil or Change Engine Oil??....
the message center says check engine oil level and it stays on it doesnt just flash on when you start the truck

·
4,774 Posts
ive tried that, and it does nothing, i know it works for the change oil light, but for the check level one it doesnt seem to work
You mentioned....when it was brought in for an oil change ( They ) shut it off,...Who is they??....the Dealer or shop??

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the shop that her dad brings it to, and all their vehicles so i dont think the shop is trying to screw them over, i just get sick of seeing it on when ever i have to drive it, and having to worry if the level really is low or not

·
4,774 Posts
the shop that her dad brings it to, and all their vehicles so i dont think the shop is trying to screw them over, i just get sick of seeing it on when ever i have to drive it, and having to worry if the level really is low or not
Have you checked lately to see if any Trouble Codes are coming up??....I would also be sick of seeing the Oil Light Coming on!!....:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I havnt ill have to steal the truck from her and get the codes checked, ill update on if anything pops up after I do that

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p1404 is one of the codes and the other is, Evap emission system vent control circut code..... neither of those two codes would do that for the check engine oil light tho is it?

·
4,774 Posts
p1404 is one of the codes and the other is, Evap emission system vent control circut code..... neither of those two codes would do that for the check engine oil light tho is it?
The Trouble Code...P1404 is telling you the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve is in a Closed Position,

I don't think that the 2 Trouble Codes will cause the Check Engine Oil light to come??.......as you have checked you Oil level and you said it good.....I would keep a eye on the Oil Pressure Gauge when driving to see if there is a Drop in Oil Pressure, that may cause the Check Oil Level light to come on??

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ill keep an eye on the pressure gauge when im driving it, and ill have her do her best, ive been told that it might be the oil level sensor?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts