GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a vendor that sells the older "Chevrolet" emblems, the script style used in the 40's and 50's.
I'd prefer sticker or raised emblems that use adhesive backing, not the original style that had positioning pins through the sheet metal with holders on the back.
Thanks for any help

Tim

·
Registered
194 Posts
checkout the emblems on the front of my truck in these pics in this thread I posted last month. I was going to use a stickers as well until I seen a truck done and thought it kinda looked a bit cheezey. I found a place on ebay that sells GM roduction emblems for guys doing restorations on old cars. They only cost me $40 shipping inc. I cut the mounting posts off and used a good mounting tape. Can't tell can you? I'll try to track down the site if you would like. I think its a gm dealership in Ohio.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11408

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those emblems look good.
Yea I really dont want stickers.
I know of a place that'll either mill a set, water jet a set, or laser cut a set, but they want $100 an emblem, extra for chrome plating.

·
Banned
372 Posts
I'm looking for a vendor that sells the older "Chevrolet" emblems, the script style used in the 40's and 50's.
I'd prefer sticker or raised emblems that use adhesive backing, not the original style that had positioning pins through the sheet metal with holders on the back.
Thanks for any help

Tim
Alrighty, what you need to do is go to http://www.brotherstrucks.com/ and check out what they have...I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Those emblems look good.
I know of a place that'll either mill a set, water jet a set, or laser cut a set, but they want $100 an emblem, extra for chrome plating.

Thats a quite a bit if coin for an emblem, but they could be a one off desigin. So that would be cool. What kind of emblem are you looking for anyway? Just courious.

·
Banned
372 Posts
Those emblems look good.
Why don't you just go to stylintrucks.com and buy a billet bowtie for a fraction of the cost?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking for the script emblem used on 40's/50's model cars and trucks.

I looked at the brothers site, they dont have the emblems I'm looking for. But they gave me lots of good ideas.
The Stylin Truck emblems are all modern style.
I'm looking for the script style to use on the back of our HHR, trying to add a little more retro style to it.
The shop I talked to would make them in the older script style but theres no way I'm gonna pay the price he wants. Heres what I'm searching for:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I found a site that has classic emblems for $16.99 here

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm looking for the script emblem used on 40's/50's model cars and trucks.

I looked at the brothers site, they dont have the emblems I'm looking for. But they gave me lots of good ideas.
The Stylin Truck emblems are all modern style.
I'm looking for the script style to use on the back of our HHR, trying to add a little more retro style to it.
The shop I talked to would make them in the older script style but theres no way I'm gonna pay the price he wants. Heres what I'm searching for:
Looks like something off an old Bel-air or maybe a pickup. That'll look cool on an HHR. Keep us posted. Buy the way. Have you tried just going to ebay and typing in " chevy emblems". Thats how I first got the idea for mine. I just want to see what was out there before I made up my mind what I wanted to do.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found three different ones, two are from 50's model Chevy sedans, the speaker grill to be exact. The third one is from a 67 Camaro fender.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts