GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
new avalanche owner...just bought a 2005 with Z71 package...plans are exhaust, intake, chip, and thinking 6" lift with 35's

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks,
i have a Avalanche 2002 1500 series, the motor when i turn on the ignition does not run. then i check if the fuel comes into the system, i veryfied that not much goes in.
i remove the fuel filter and i change it, i test the fuel pump it can pump with the ignition on, but what it does is like it pumps a little amount of fuel and stops. is this the normal way that the pumps works?
what could be the nexte step for to handle this issue.

Thanks and Regards

·
Registered
270 Posts
Folks,
i have a Avalanche 2002 1500 series, the motor when i turn on the ignition does not run. then i check if the fuel comes into the system, i veryfied that not much goes in.
i remove the fuel filter and i change it, i test the fuel pump it can pump with the ignition on, but what it does is like it pumps a little amount of fuel and stops. is this the normal way that the pumps works?

Thanks and Regards
first off welcome, as for the fuel pump from my exper. it should be a constant flow when turned on. so from what it sounds like you might have something clogged in the pickup tube. which means you will have drop the tank to get to fuel pump. now i dont know if you can use a air hose to blow air back into the line to maybe clear the line that way or not i know you can do it with a machanical pump (old school with pump up front) but being that pump is in tank i dont know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Folks,

Thanks and Regards
that is what the pump does as soon as you turn the key on it will pump till the system is pressureized, then it will stop untill you fire it up

·
Registered
31 Posts
GM fuel pumps are a pain the biggest thing is the pump may work but if it is not putting out enought pressure it will not work check that first

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's another Avalanche owner. I've just been quiet about it till now. Love those "AV's"!!! Driven it from Fort Collins to Hudson, FL two years in a row. Drives like a dream.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Here's another Avalanche owner. I've just been quiet about it till now. Love those "AV's"!!! Driven it from Fort Collins to Hudson, FL two years in a row. Drives like a dream.
No kidding, been a member since 2006 and this is your first post, welcome I guess! ;-)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts