GM Truck Club Forum banner

341 - 360 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look at the drivers door stickers and look at the rear axle / GVWR data. Being a dually you should be safe at least 1 ton / 2000 pounds "downward" pressure. But the door sticker is the expert.
I've always taken those numbers as more of a "suggestion" than an absolute limit.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
ROLL CALL for Chevy C/K Truck Owners and Drivers!
Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy C/K Truck (or same GM platform vehicle).
I’ve got an 87 c20 and a 98 k2500

·
Registered
37 Posts
Still have the '13 Sierra and 93 K3500, just added a '67 C20 to the fleet. Western truck (Utah). Was a forest service truck so it has very limited options. Previous owner spray painted it an ugly brown. Dad bought it in '90 and it was parked in '01 or '02. Needs some work but it is a solid base that is still very stock. Bed floor is gone so the bed is sitting a bit out of square. Just brought it back to Iowa.

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Nothing but potential there. In 92 my wife, kids and I drove from Louisiana to Seattle Wa. Driving through the high desert, I couldnt believe how many old cars and trucks there are all over the place, and how many are still on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
IMG_0915.JPG

1994 K3500. 320,000 +- miles. I replaced the instrument panel with one with a tach on it and it had 72,000 miles less on it. 5.7, auto, 4.11 ratio. I have replaced almost everything in this over the years. The engine twice, the transmission, the differential, the radiator 3 times I think, pretty much all of the sensors in the engine, and of course the acuator. I had it painted a few years back. Replaced the headliner and the inside door panels and replaced the rubber floor mat with a carpet. I bought this with a blown engine with 120,000 miles on it. I have retired and it has been relegated to being our RV puller.

341 - 360 of 373 Posts