GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just picked this up last week it is the wife's new ride, no comparison going from a Nissan Versa to this lap of Luxury! 2014 LTZ! looks like any work in the engine compartment isn't going to be fun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. I purchased a 2014 Chevy Captiva LT just a few days ago. My 2006 Saturn Vue was requiring some big repairs over the last 6 months so it was time to upgrade. So far, so good. I like the Captiva. Since I had 2 previous Saturn Vues I feel like this is really my 3rd Vue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey new captiva owner! From the show me state! Now I love this car! I've been spying one of these for over a year an a half. This was a replacement for a worn out 99 caravan that honestly we had no need for. Just couldn't convince my wife till I got one as a rental for 2 weeks while van was being repaired after a bender fender. She fell in love with it! AND finally bought one on 1/14/15. Now we fight over who drives it, she's more turranical over it then I ever was with my other new cars! Kind of funny to me. But it's nice LT, graphite metallic, leather, lots of goodies.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi all!

I'm the happy (mostly) owner of a 2012 Captiva Sport (4 cylinder).
Currently have 53k....purchased with a bit over 9k.

I'm SO happy that Chevrolet decided to resurrect the Saturn Vue! But I'm now disappointed that they recently chose retire it and replace it with the Chevy Trax. I've sat in the new Buick Encore (Trax corporate sibling) and it was a bit small for my tastes.

Taken right after I purchased it. About to drive off the dealership lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hoy hoy all, I joined the forum for my fiancé. She just bought a '14 Captiva Sport. I for the most part, will be the caretaker of the vehicle, and found forums a great way to keep tabs on vehicles. She is very happy with this crossover, and I can't fault her for getting it, its a Chevy. :) I was worried at first, being unfamiliar with the model. Fears subsided when I found it to be a re-badged Saturn Vue. Sad to see Chevy axed the model, but it was contending with the Equinox and Terrain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all, Purchased a 2014 2LS model a month ago. Love the car so far.

No matter city or highway, I am getting a better mileage with the ECO mode turned off. I was wondering if anyone else in the forum had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I have noticed the same with our's too. We tryed eco for a while then ran without it. We where getting 22 to 23 with it and are in mid 24's with it off. Plus that I really think she just wants to see if she can hit the Rev limiter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have the V-6 or I-4?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2014 I4 LT. So far a fantastic little suv. Although my wife has started to reconsider the graphite metallic, black leather. Gets a tad warm. But looks sharp!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll pass along the Eco button info to my gal. Being a black interior, you might want to consider window tint. I did it to my '10 Camaro, and it sure helps with the inside temp. Along with a windshield shade, its tolerable to get in the car on a hot and sunny summer day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes tint is on the list with shade. Also I need to inform her to use the auto feature on climate control, remote start more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the base model so no bells and whistles. But from what I heard and read so far about the captivas, remote start usage will reduce the mileage of the vehicle considerably. I have tints on the rear passengers windows and rear windshield. Sadly according to NJ laws, I can't have tint on the front windows and windshield. I generally park the car in the shade but this past weekend on a trip, the car got very hot when parked for about 30 mins where there was no shade. I'm glad I have the cloth seats :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ravi....
I have a 2LS...and I've been pleased with my Captiva Sport during the 2.5yrs I've owned it.

I can't say I've heard any reports stating that remote start would "considerably" lower your MPG, I could see situations where, if you left it on for a significant time, would lower it. Guess I'm still "old school"....and can open up the car & windows, and let the A/C run for a minute or so....and of course, getting the car moving to help get the hot air out. That's cheaper than remote start (Nothing against those who have, or those who prefer, remote start vehicles).

As with yours, mine has cloth seats, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know leather seats have a certain "status", it just reminds me too much of the old vinyl seats.

I have another thread discussing window tint. Were I live, we have similar laws concerning tint darkness....so I trust the local tint shop wouldn't sell me anything that wouldn't meet the requirements. I've only considered tinting the front windows (driver & passenger), while leaving the rear windows as their "factory tint" darkness.

My vehicle is "garaged" when I'm home....which does help out when you first get in the car. While I'm out, I've tried those "front window reflective shades", and although I can't say they did much, it was enough that it wasn't as hot as it could have been.

Reactions: Ravi

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sadly last week a new teen female driver rear ended my barely 6 month old 2014 LTZ and it's in the shop getting a new rear bumper. :(

What's funny is when I went to get my rental car, the guy said they had a 2014 Captival LT sitting in the lot that I could drive so I have it this past week. I tell ya, it's night and day difference between my fully loaded LTZ and the LT. The LT (cloth, no sunroof, boring radio, no bluetooth feels so cheaply put together compared to the LTZ, some pieces on it are popping off or feel very cheap and flimsy. The seats are cheap looking and feeling, even the rubber covered gear shift feels cheap. When the car is first started, the rear muffler has a loud vibration that goes away after you drive a bit. I won't miss driving it at all. Funny thing was that when I was waiting for the rental car in the lobby (prior to them offering me the Captiva, I overheard one of the sales drones in the back of the office commenting to someone on the phone that they still had the "Crap-tiva" on the lot. LOL! I'd say that he was partially right based on the LT version.

I am having my front windows tinted while it's in the shop, worked out well since I had planned on doing it anyway but couldn't find the time since most tint shops are only open 9-5 around here so it's a pain to drop off and pick up.

One thing I liked about driving the loaner Captiva was comparing the feel and sounds of it while driving. I did note that both mine and the rental do have a sort of abrupt downshift in stop and go traffic which feels a bit odd. Also there was a low struggling rumble feel when slowing down, the having to pick up speed again that seems a bit odd as well. All liveable, but still not as smooth as other cars I've driven.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The LT (cloth, no sunroof, boring radio, no bluetooth feels so cheaply put together compared to the LTZ
ALfer,

I have a 2014 2LS that is an even lower version than LT (base model) and it has bluetooth. All the 3 trims come with bluetooth as a default option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So how does one connect a phone to said Bluetooth? The radio has NO setup menu for Bluetooth at all that I found. If I hit the phone button on the steering wheel, it appears that it wants to use the OnStar cell phone minutes plan to make calls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So how does one connect a phone to said Bluetooth? The radio has NO setup menu for Bluetooth at all that I found. If I hit the phone button on the steering wheel, it appears that it wants to use the OnStar cell phone minutes plan to make calls.
There is no setup for Bluetooth on the radio menu. Press and hold the phone button on the steering wheel for 5-6 seconds and the voice command menu is prompted. Say "Bluetooth" and it will guide you through the settings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
ALfer...
So sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your repair shop did a good job on your Captiva's repair. I'm always concerned that a simple bumper fix has more underlying issues that aren't seen. My wife had a similar problem with a previous vehicle....we ended up trading it because of the underlying issues.

I too noticed the occasional downshift when in stop & go traffic. It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, its something that is concerning. I've taken it into my local Chevy dealership who didn't find any problems. It was that reason that I went searching the internet for others with Captiva Sports....and although its not repaired, I'm glad to hear that others are having similar issues. There is a forum / thread here that discusses the issue and one user who gives some suggestions (none of which worked in my situation).

After I purchased my 2LS Captiva Sport in December 2012, my wife was interested in the vehicle, and our local Chevy dealership had several silver LTZ models in the 18k price range, all with under 10k miles. We were tempted, but decided to only keep 1 car note going at a time.

The LTZ we test drive was aesthetically slightly different (as mentioned by ALfer). It had the leather seats, slightly different fascia on the gear shift, a different head unit (touch screen), sun roof, etc. I will say that the seats felt different....and not just the leather vs cloth materials.

As for the bluetooth, Ravi is correct....and I use it regularly (Nexus 5 & iPhone 6 currently connected to it).

My gut feeling is that ALfer's loaner was a real "loaner" car....used roughly by previous users without regard for the owner's property. My 2LS had just over 9k when I purchased it...and its appearance and was in "almost brand new" condition. I've had several issues over the 2.5yrs of ownership, the most irritating has been the flimsy and poorly designed power seat switch. Its been changed out (within warranty) 4 times thus far....and each time, after a few months, it breaks again from use. I posted a question about it in another thread and got a good suggestion for something to try....but since my vehicle is still under warranty, I'm going to get GM to fix it as it breaks. I did purchase a replacement part off eBay ($21) but haven't attempted the suggestions given to me from the users.

ALfer, let us know how your repair goes. Best wishes to you!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts