GM Truck Club Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys I have a black on black 2014 LTZ captiva and I love it. It came at the right time too, I got laid off from work as my field is dieing and got into freelance wedding photography on the weekends. My car was 7 years old, and was dieing, and there wasn't many options for a new car under $20,000, and I don't have the budget to buy used and prefer a warranty in my situation.

Luckly, this captiva came out of no where. With everything that has happened this year, the captiva has allowed me a new car that provides me the room for equipment, but the LTZ trim allows me some luxury, that I don't have to sacrifice (how much does one sacrifice? hahah). It saves me money on gas $70 v6 car vs $35ish 4cyl captiva while providing more cargo space. I guess I don't have to sell you guys on the captiva, but during this crazy time in my life, the captiva has helped me in many ways this year. I'm glad I found it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase!
I believe this forum (and its users) can help you out during the life of your new Captiva Sport.
Several here has helped me with questions I had....and I'm sure they will be equally helpful to you.
:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Purchased my Captiva awhile back and love it. Mine is an 2014 LT 4 cyl fwd. Spent too many hours lookibg at the wrong vehicles! Fuel economy was better than expected! Nearly 26 mpg in mixed driving and up to 30 on the highway! Love the European look and feel. Glad there is a forum for owners!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm coming up on 1 year of owning my 2014 Captiva LT. So far, so good. Only had to replace tires, put about 15K on it this year. Combined gas mileage is about 25 and I recently discovered that the gas tank for this vehicle was one gallon larger than my old 2006 Saturn Vue.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats to you both! (mikebreeze & hamby9212)

My Captiva Sport is coming up to its 3rd anniversary (Dec 2012).

I've just clicked over 70k a week or so ago....still on the original Firestone Destination LE tires.
Down to 5/32 tread. Will be getting new tires soon.

I had posted in another thread, that I intended to get tires in early fall (Sept), but didn't find the price & sales to match up with my budget (or what I believed to be a "fair" price). Probably will stick with a new set of the Firestone tires, but was also considering Uniroyal (Tiger Paw) tires.

The biggest complaint I've had is with the driver's seat "controller" (attached to the drivers seat, left side) which has broken multiple times. I'm sure the dealership is tires of seeing me too (laugh).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Update. I was washing the Captiva today and wanted to share some photos Glorious day to be outside!! Surprisingly the paint is holding up well considering where i live! Here's to many more happy years!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet captiva
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet captiva

·
Registered
21 Posts
ROLL CALL for Chevy Captiva Sport Owners and Drivers!
Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!
Just purchased 2013 white LTZ w/ 64k miles. Excellent condition. When I started searching for a small SUV, I initially ignored these, but as I read about overall satisfaction, and thought about the benefits of a 'mature' design, and the value comparison to other vehicles in this segment, I decided to consider it. I located this one in excellent condition - 5 months as a rental, and then 4 years with previous owner (an 80-yr old), test drove it, and bought it that day. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far, I'm good with the decision.

·
Registered
41 Posts
welcome @Phil Price They are nice little suvs. Why GM didn't continue to offer these as blazers with updates is still a head scratcher.

Just purchased 2013 white LTZ w/ 64k miles. Excellent condition. When I started searching for a small SUV, I initially ignored these, but as I read about overall satisfaction, and thought about the benefits of a 'mature' design, and the value comparison to other vehicles in this segment, I decided to consider it. I located this one in excellent condition - 5 months as a rental, and then 4 years with previous owner (an 80-yr old), test drove it, and bought it that day. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far, I'm good with the decision.

·
Registered
21 Posts
welcome @Phil Price They are nice little suvs. Why GM didn't continue to offer these as blazers with updates is still a head scratcher.[/QUOTE
It probably fulfilled its purpose of meeting demand for smaller SUVs cheaply by using an existing design, and an existing production facility with minimal retooling costs. The trend for all the Detroit makers to reduce the number of total models within each brand. That gap between the Trax and Equinox probably isn’t big enough to justify all the engineering, marketing, and tooling costs associated with keeping and advancing a unique model. That being said, I don’t know what they are doing with the design in the global market. Thanks for responding... I had hoped this forum might be a bit more active with current usage and updates.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just picked up a 2014 LT blue Captiva. In the past we owned a 2009 Saturn VUE which is what led us to purchasing a Captiva.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi @gaurdien
Welcome to the forum.

I own a '12 LS2 Captiva (148k miles currently).

I had rented an '08 & '09 Saturn VUE for vacation traveling those 2 summers and enjoyed the comfort, features and vehicle size. With the GM downsizing / bankruptcy, I was hoping that Pontiac (and possibly Saturn) would be spared or purchased by another entity....but unfortunately that didn't happen. I thought I had missed my opportunity for a Saturn VUE when I was ready to purchase in late 2012, but was very pleased to read that Chevrolet had resurrected the Saturn VUE as the Captiva Sport.

I purchased my '12 Captiva Sport in December 2012 (with 9000 miles) as a CPO from a dealership. I've had several issues over the years (most are posted here on this forum), but have generally enjoyed my vehicle. I hope you have many trouble free & enjoyable miles with your '14 LT Captiva!

Please contribute and add to our forum. Your thoughts & opinions are greatly appreciated.
Best wishes!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats @Bums Fan on your new '14 Captiva Sport LT....
Let us know how it goes.
Best wishes!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts