GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's talk about the Chevrolet Express vans!

(We lost the 20 or so posts that were in this section. I'll see if I can't get them back. I clicked "yes" when I should have clicked "no"... my bad.:neutral:)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was rushing and I just didn't pay attention to that "Delete [Yes] [No]" section. I MAY have them backed up that I can get.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, the site has an icon pop-up telling that the box is from an aftermarket supplier.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Thats a great idea. Wife and you up front and boy bungie corded to wall in back...Why didn't I think of that.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to bump this thread like crazy. Who loves them some Chevrolet Van?

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Ok, there were a couple of threads that I merged together. It all looks good now. :) :great:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new in this forum and putting wrong place maybe, sorry if I'm wrong. any way,
Will you someone tell me the torque spec of lug nuts on wheel. 180ftlbs on Express for '08 ?
Thank you in advance. GMExpress

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2007 Van w/ 6.0L engine. Wanted to change the antifreeze as the OE fluid is now 7 years old. Guess what, GM in its infinite wisdom decided to make it impossible for an owner to do this maintenance (normal for the past 8 decades).
There is no radiator drain plug
The radiator hoses have the clamps a permanent part of the hoses making removal, short of cutting off, impossible.
There is no owner removable clamp on the lower radiator hose where it connects to the radiator.

My only option is to pay a dealer $130 to do a less than optimal job as they will not use distilled water so there will be an increased chance of corrosion of the aluminum engine parts and aluminum radiator.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PICC
Are you wanting to know what gear ratio is best that is in a STOCK van... for a direct swop ?
or are you wanting to put in your after market Gear Ratio that your going to buy ?
then its really knowing what axle you have .. I know there is a 3.42 in dana 60 and 70's
and I believe that its as low as it goes..for 2500 and 3500 series vans but if you were going to install aftermarket
then You could go with as low as they make for your specific Axle.
So first.. find out what axle you have ... Sticker or tag on the Axle... decode it.
Be aware there are others things to consider.. Do you ABS ? if so then you will have to
get the computer flashed for the different gear ratio. Your speedo and sensor will always be off
and for sure cause a code and the light will stay on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts