GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some checking on the Chevy Impala, here's what I found out.

The Impala has been built by Chevy during these years:
1958–1985
1994–1996
2000–present

It's built in Arlington, Texas ... about 2 miles from where I am sitting right now.

It took over the Chevy Lumina spot, so in fact sales for both vehicles have been folded into this model since 2000.

2006 - 6th Generation
The 2006 Impala is essentially the sixth generation of Impala. It's on the GM W platform. It really does have more of a family sedan look and a lot of long-time Impala fans wanted a more agressive look. Nonetheless, it's selling.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Big change over all from the '78 Impala I owned as my first car. I used to get a kick out of flying down the highway in it, and people would just pull over out of the high speed lane, thinking it was a police car.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there is a Police version of the new Impala too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Steve, that picture on top looks exactly like my 06 Impala 2LT mine has the sunroof tho, looks like the only difference. My wife loves it, and can't wait to get her windows tinted. Oh, one more little fact, when the Impala first showed up in 1958, it was actually a package available on the Bel-air

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so the '58 Impala was actually a Bal-air. I think I read that, and it sold well so they get it its own model?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve, that picture on top looks exactly like my 06 Impala 2LT mine has the sunroof tho
When you said that, and first I thought you were talking about the Police Cruizer! :)

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
I had: '59; 62; 63; 66; 2000. My folks had: '62; '67; '69. My brother had a 1960 Convertible. All were great cars and some were pretty fast, too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts