GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace their cloth seats with leather? I bought a 2007 Suburban 6 months ago with cloth seats and want to replace them with leather. Any recommendations? So far, I found two companies that make these replacements, Classic Soft Trim and Accessories R Us. Has anyone out there purchased from either of these outfits and if so, how do you rate them? I also found Chevy OEM Accessories

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
RE: Leather replacement seats

No But I would like to relace my 94's leather seats with cloth.

If you can find one in a bone yard you would be better off going that route. See if they will make a swap with you for a few dollars.

I do know replacing the skins alone can be very expensive, $500 a seat.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Most towns have several places that can do this for you locally. Where do you live?

·
Registered
52 Posts
also try to find a reputable apolstery shop near you. but with an 07 might be hard being if theres any airbag or sensors involved with the seats. mind if i ask, why didn't you just buy one with leather trim already?? i assume beinga 07 that you got it brand new.

·
Registered
38 Posts
order fro jc whitnet they have leather seat covers that are custom made for the truck. It takes a few weeks but they are very nice . Kingcover or cover king ? makes them but it was cheaper for me going through JcWhitney than it was direct from the source. I can't figure that one out but thats life. $139 each.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
You could also try your dealers parts guy, just ask him if anyone has come in wanting to change their seats from leather to cloth.

Chevy Accessories

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
84fiero123 said:
You could also try your dealers parts guy, just ask him if anyone has come in wanting to change their seats from leather to cloth.
Do they work deals on something like this? Or would it be list price?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
No deals but you could possibly hook up with someone who would want your leather for their cloth and vise versa. Now that could save you a lot of money & time.

Just unbolt and swap.

Try the local want adds. A well placed add locking for someone who wants leather and has clothe could get you what for a little bit of your time.

But the dealer would give you a starting point, they might be able to recommend a good upholstery place to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
replacement leather seats

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will probably go with Classic Soft Trim. They are reputable and have good turnaround time. I was qouted $1300 for all the seats - including labor. I saw some of their work and it looked very professional.

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Yea, I know this threads a little old.
Have you looked at http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html
IMHO they the best leather aftermarket replacement covers made, I replaced mine with a set last year. The fit and finish was perfect and assembly for all seats (2 buckets, split center seat, and rear seat) was about 5 hours. The kit I bought included hog rings, hog ring pliers, and comprehensive instructions.
They are a little pricey tho. Your best value would be buying used off somewhere like craigslist or from a wrecking yard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts