GM Truck Club Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
99 Sonoma SLS CNG Bi-fuel conversion! Not a whole lot of them out there...

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
ROLL CALL for Chevy S-10 Truck Owners and Drivers!
Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy S-10 Truck (or same GM platform vehicle).
I have had S trucks for many years. I now am rebuilding a 2004 ZR2 Blazer. It is almost ready for paint.
IMG_4321.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy S-10 Truck (or same GM platform vehicle).
Hello. Trying to sell, (sadly) my '89 S-10 Cameo. I posted a thread on here and there are more pictures of it in the albums section of my profile. These trucks are very rare and not many people even know about them. Mine is extremely rare being it is ONE of ONLY 37 ever produced in 1989. Circumstances require I sell it, my price at $3,500.00 is negotiable, yet I am not going to just give it away for peanuts on the dollar either. I would hope to find someone that will appreciate it for the ultra rare GM truck that it is and restore it tastefully and not hack it all up or do some cobbled V-8 swap in place of the #s matching 4.3 L V-6 that's in it.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,216 Posts
Nice!

IMG_1004.JPG

I had an '87 back in '91. Looked a lot like this one minus the running boards.

Reactions: Durango86

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the little heathen in Jan.2015. Slow as slow can be, but thats what I wanted....No tickets for speeding with me !!! LOL No electric anything, just sheet metal and plastic wrapped around a 4cyl..:)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Hey guys let's get a 151, teck4, 2.5 engine forum started

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my '84 exten-cab 4WD. Replaced tired 2.8L with built 4.3L in '94. Installed ECM behind glove box w/ factory bracket & changed pin-out in firewall connector to match '91-1/2 4.3L engine harness. Check engine light already in instrument cluster. Installed remote oil filter in correct location & new matching radiator. Chevy mechanic raised hood and said, "looks just like a '92, (except for the Edlebrock equipment).

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
What did you do by way of exhaust for the 4.3, Ray?

When I bought my K1500, it had a 4.3. The previous owner cut in a Flowmaster 3"in/out. Sounded pretty cool for a V6. I left it in and just stepped up to headers when I dropped in the new V8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used Edlebrock headers for a '92 w/ Edlbrock y-pipe, stock GM 4.3L cat & Edlebrock dual exhaust pipes. The left side collector & y-pipe had to be modified slightly for clearance. Had a custom hanger bracket made up for the cat that sandwiches into trans mount like stock 4.3L. When I put the motor together I used the gasket set to reshape & match up the headers & the Edlebrock intake ports with the heads.

I installed a smaller Hamburger gear reduction starter w/ a small, light GM nodular iron flywheel & CenterForce clutch. The smaller starter hugs the block because of the smaller flywheel for more clearance. Weight of the flywheel & clutch is about half of stock. Along with internal engine mods this allows surprising throttle response, & once the engine goes into closed-loop the emissions flat lines at the bottom of the graph during testing just like stock 4.3's. Overall, the 4.3L, stock '91 Al radiator, light flywheel & clutch were much lighter than the 2.8L components. I had to crank the torsion bar adjusters down to drop the bumper about 1 inch as I recall. She pulls like a mule in 3rd, even towing my boat uphill.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Sweet. Sounds like a great package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I think it is. When I started, I was just going to order Edlebrock's "Performer" package, cam, intake, headers, & prom for the 4.3. They had just started promoting these for Chevy & Ford small block V8's & V6's the year before, as I recall. I ordered thru Summit, but they couldn't get it. I called Edlebrock wanting to know what was going on. Apparently the Calif Air Resources Board was dragging their feet approving the cam. So I got the correct p/n's for the intake & exhaust components and ordered thru Summit.

Since I couldn't get the cam, I installed a set of Competition Cams' high-lift, roller tipped rocker arms. Stock pushrods didn't clear heads properly. Had to get an adjustable pushrod to account for decking the block & truing the heads. Once the new correct length was determined, they manufactured a full set to match. Fit perfectly, not expensive but not anticipated.

Only other thing I can think of is replacing the stock crank dampener with a Fluidamper.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Update on my 2000 white LS Blazer. 200,000 miles and just replaced the fuel pump. I think this one is a keeper, still my most reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bought my brother-in-law's 95 Chevy S-10 for $400. He was trading it in on a newer Chevy Colorado, and instead of selling it to the dealer he sold it to me. It needs some work (rust, leaking oil, exhaust hanging off), but it functions as needed for a hauler!
power nothing, 5spd manual, red, 300k+ miles, custom Pioneer headunit, battery capacitator behind seat, custom "support our military" vinyl decal on tailgate, A/C is broken

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a '99 with 214,000 miles on it and a bunch of jerry rigged components. Fixing what I can then driving it from Michigan to my new home in New Hampshire

·
Registered
6 Posts
New here and I'm working on my 96 s10 daily driver handed down to me by my mother. It has been very well maintained since new but is now approaching 200k miles. Great truck and plan on keeping it. Maybe a v8 swap in the future

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, new guy from maine I have a 2003 s-10 with zr-2 wide stance pkg. a fisher ld plow 6'9" its a great running truck starting to get body rust frame is great, minor repair, usual parts replaced how ever brake module setup was 700 {previous owner}
Plows great with the wide tires so far not a problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here from Florida. Recently bought a 2000 Sonoma extended cab, 4.3 auto 4wd p'up. Although one owner, rust and dent free body, with 130,000 miles, a lot of things are needing replaced/repaired. Already replaced door hinge bushings, fuel pump, windshield, trans cooler lines, tie rod ends, tires, brakes, and assorted small items. Still have to chase down an oil leak from rear driver's side of engine, and get that fixed up, so I can have a nice reliable ride that doesn't mark it's spot everywhere it goes. Almost there.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts