GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks to all the smart people in here. This is my first 4x4 truck Siverado 2016 and I've been taking stress out in our meadow in some drifts. Today it got stuck because I didn't click that tab for(not sure which it is) the stabilizer tab or the traction control, it's the one under the radio. I didn't have enough momentum and the snow is really sloppy and I got it high centered too. I had all those things going against me.

I clicked that button and tried 4 wheel high and tried rocking but that didn't help and then I put it in 4 low and tried and it sounded almost like I was grinding gears when doing so. Is this normal or do i need it looked at while it's still under warranty. Thankfully my neighbor happen to be out moving snow and saved me again. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
Did you read the owners manual on how to shift into 4 low?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. It does say on the dash to be in nutral. The sound is more when I put the brakes on just before I switch from D to R.

I put it in 4low this morning on regular conditions and didn't hear the noise.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Better check the transfer case fluid condition and level.
Lack of lubrication on the range selector is not good. It may damage the gear and spline edges where the engagement occurs.

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
If your gearing it while stuck, the rear wheels are probably turning.
Use the brake before trying to go into 4low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts