GM Truck Club Forum banner
501 - 509 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
We own 4 GM pickups: '77 Chvy 3/4T longbed stepeside; '86 GMC 3500 Sierra longbed PU; 1986 M1008 1T0
1 Posts
Bought a used 2007 Silverado 2500 WT w/124K last year to move with and It's been a great truck. Has the full factory tow package for 9900 cap towing for its model year, and the six-speed tow-mode is awesome on hills and long grades. This is my forth GM truck and yes--- I still own all of them!
Cheers~!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2016 5.3 4X4 just joined the forum an hour ago, truck has an airraid intake, jt oil catch can, AFM delete, 22X9 replica snowflakes, and I just ordered a 4/6 drop kit with helper bags. Really only bought the truck to haul my race car but, can’t leave anything stock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No pic right now.
Wife got a 2001 from her brother with 177,500 mi on it. Was not road worthy but that was doable with some work. Steering Column, battery, brakes on all 4 corners got it home. Since then I have given it Tires, water pump, spider injection unit, fuel filter, full tune up, map sensor, cooling system flush, fresh 50/50 coolant charge, left front window regulator, and yesterday I finished the AC Issues with a new evaporator, orifice, dryer/accumulator, compressor suction/discharge hose assembly, all new seals and a fresh PAG46 oil charge. Worst of it was the ac evaporator. What a bitch that is even using a U Tube ******* method to avoid pulling the dash.
Been working on it since March and had a good bit of help from the guys on this forum thanks.
Now it's ready to go from SE Louisiana to NE Tennessee without any foreseeable issues.
Not the prettiest truck but it will be reliable.
Will get a pic or two when she gets home

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm new to the site and new to the Silverado

I am coming from a 2007 Nissan Armada LE. Loved the torque and power and towing capability of that beast, but it is time to upgrade for new technology and I have always wanted a decent pickup.

Just found one on Carvana that I am acquiring. 2016 LT Z71 with 35k miles on it. I have always been very active on the Armada forums and look to be a productive member of this forum as well. I like doing as much of my own work as possible on my vehicles. I take delivery on Aug 8th.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2006 Silverado 1500 W/T extended cab, 4.3 V6 (why in the world did they discontinue this workhorse?) 160,000 miles. Bought new at Marchant Chevrolet in Ravenel SC. I really know why the great engines were discontinued; emissions and mileage. Same goes for the GM 3800, V6. Any GM mechanic will tell you this was one of the best engines ever. Yes, like the 4.3 it's an old pushrod motor. So what. Now we're stuck with these exotic valve train engines that will cost you tons of money to repair after warranty expires, and they are finicky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ROLL CALL for Chevy Silverado Truck Owners and Drivers!
Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy Silverado Truck (or same GM platform vehicle).

Post a picture if you have one (your album or attachment on your post).
2006 Silverado WT 1500 4x4

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 1500 4WD Crew cab 5.3L
45 Posts
04 Silverado that is Primo even though it's a work truck and off road camping truck.

501 - 509 of 509 Posts