GM Truck Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13,818 Posts
2002 Trailblazer-pretty much all original right down to the brake pads and hoses.
Issues: problem with the delay wipers, problem with alloy wheels leaking air......also loves taillight bulbs
Repaired problems- A/C, heater blower relay.
There's a recall on the taillight circuit boards, new ones will fix your bulb problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When the truck was only 6-12 months old Chevrolet replaced those boards under warranty. But, the past 5 years or so it's back to eating bulbs. I'm just glad they are pretty easy to change. Thanks for the tip however.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome aboard HardTrailz. Glad to see another familiar face.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine is not modded to that level but I have been trying to tell people here that these rigs are capable of doing a lot of stuff. There are next to none of the the big name suppliers that support the platform. Some of us know the platform rather well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a Trailblazer last week after my Blazer engine died on me.

It's an 06 with a 5.3. Changed oil in it, put in a touch screen and new front speakers. Going to add a tranny cooler and a remote filter. Also need to add a brake controller.

Seems in pretty good condition. I was pleased to see Napa gold filters on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy,
own a 2009 trailblazer. I don't have any pics of it on my phone, but here's some really good pizza I made Saturday night!

·
Registered
9 Posts
ROLL CALL for Chevy Trailblazer Owners and Drivers!
Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy Trailblazer (or same GM platform vehicle).

Post a picture
if you have one (your album or attachment on your post).
Just bought an Envoy SLT XL...leather, v8, loaded...nice car, think I'm going to like it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2005 Envoy XL, just picked this up yesterday, looking forward to wrenching on it.

Reactions: hardtrailz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's what it looks like today, The head gasket was blown so I pulled the head, then they told me it was too warped to recondition (out 28 thou when the limit was 4 thou).

So instead of shelling out $900Cdn for a rebuilt head I bought a working engine from the wrecker for $1000. I'm working on moving stuff from engine to the other before install (new exhaust manifold, starter, water pump, PS pump rebuild, Change motor mounts, swap valve covers (wrecker one was damaged by collision that sent it to the boneyard)

While I've got it apart I'll also replace all the seals on the diff and it's opposite actuator and I'll do the front suspension as well, new bushings on the control arms, new ball joints, new tie rods and sway bar links and rubber.

That should give me a an engine and front end that will last 5 years (I hope)

Attachments

Reactions: hardtrailz

·
Registered
19 Posts
The old green mare blew it's last transfer case it was ever gonna blow on us a week before Christmas so we donated it to Cars for Vets and bought a 2017 Cherokee Sport from Carvana and never looked back.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts