GM Truck Club Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's actually the 5.3 which will be probably 3 times more powerful (my v6 is really worn out) with tons of usable torque and will weigh exactly the same. It's a great upgrade for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nice pickup with the 5.3. I loved my 4.3 in my s-series stuff, but the 4.2 or 5.3 is huge step up.

Not sure where you are located or if you might ship, but since the bastard GMT360/370 oil pan is not going to be right for your setup and you wont use the splined disconnect for the 4x4 that is bolted to the passenger side of the hole thru the pan...I would be interested in perhaps buying it for a spare. I just exploded my last one and had to use the spare i had.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice pickup with the 5.3. I loved my 4.3 in my s-series stuff, but the 4.2 or 5.3 is huge step up.

Not sure where you are located or if you might ship, but since the bastard GMT360/370 oil pan is not going to be right for your setup and you wont use the splined disconnect for the 4x4 that is bolted to the passenger side of the hole thru the pan...I would be interested in perhaps buying it for a spare. I just exploded my last one and had to use the spare i had.
I'm in the Tampa area and wouldn't mind shipping. The problem is that mine didn't have the front diff or the splined disconnect (or front axles). Someone either got to them or more likely, something happened to them and the previous owner pulled them out. Sorry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fair enough. If you are gonna scrap the truck then you may want to consider parting out some of the XUV components. they are getting hard to find. I know some people that may be interested. Pm if you decide to go that route.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts