GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 66 Posts

· Registered
2,959 Posts
A seal walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a drink.

The bartender asks the seal, "What's your pleasure?"

The seal replies, "Anything but Canadian Club."

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Did you know...Its illegal to carry wire cutters in your pocket in Austin, Texas
Did you know...Its illegal to climb a tree in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Did you know...One must make a loud noise before passing a car on the left in Rhode Island.
Did you know...No item may be thrown across a street in Helena, Montana

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Thats a big one, ya post hog...:lol:
That weather here is threatening to rain, cableguy no likey rain cuz I get wet and electricuted.

· Registered
2,959 Posts
My wife works till 7pm so the daughter and I usually make something together. I'm thinkin' steaks, done rare (blue), Bake potato, and some kinda veg. all done on the bar-bee. Can ya smell it....

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Melanie likes her steaks to Moo when she cuts into them, blood oozing out.

I can’t stand it that way I prefer burnt on the outside, and brown on the inside.

But to each his, or her own.
How dare you char mammal flesh like that. I sent a state trooper to your farm to investigate such an atrocity... :meuh:

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Thread Robbing alert! :lol:
Somehow food is a popular topic...but I'm coming to your house tonight for dinner..yum!

· Registered
2,959 Posts
You better leave now, so you can make it in time.:tongue:
Bring your daughter with you, maybe she can teach my daughter how to behave since her mother, and I can't get through to her.

On second thought maybe that's a bad idea. Maybe mine would corrupt yours.:frown:
No it wouldn't be that, they'd probably buzz off together and we'd be looking for them all nite ...at a mall...:he:

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Dinner anyone?

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me four times, and one of us must be an idiot.

You have to wonder how gullible the folks at a local restaurant in Bloomington, Indiana were, after falling for the same scam four times in row.

And then you have to wonder the same thing about a guy who tried it at the same place at the same time every week for over a month.

A man would arrive at O'Charley's restaurant in the city every Wednesday like clockwork. His M.O. was always the same - right down to his order.

He'd ask for two drinks and a rib-eye steak, wolf them down, then wait for his always identical bill of $25.96.

That's when he'd excuse himself to go to the washroom, only to duck out a back door without paying his tab.

But this guy wasn't satisfied with getting away with the classic "dine and dash" just once. He came back to the same place not once, not twice, but four weeks in a row - and always got served.

The man showed up for a fifth time this week, figuring it's worked all those other times and ordered his regular dinner. As expected, when the cheque arrived, he didn't.

This time, the crew from the diner was waiting for him outside as he attempted one last free meal.

He got nervous and offered them a cheque, but one burly worker told him the place doesn't accept them. So he tried to run. Cops caught up to him as he flailed at his car door, trying to unlock it in time to drive away.

The accused scofflaw remains in jail on $2,000 bond, charged with theft and resisting arrest.

But he should feel right at home there.

After all, every meal he gets during his stay will be on the house.

· Registered
2,959 Posts
That is pretty cool!!

This was through wireless on Laptop. Wireless router died, so I'm using an AP that's set up as a proxy through my main computer. I wonder if I could get better results from my regular computer. I'll have to try it later.
Wow what a screaming upload, what service do you have?

· Registered
2,959 Posts
We are about ¼ mile from the closest cable and not enough people one the road for them to even consider running it up the road.

I do have satellite TV, but I’ll be damd if I’m going to pay what they want for that.

Hell I have almost been tempted to pay for them to run the cable to our place. I counted the poles one time, I think it was 15 between us and where it ends.

They said it would cost thousands, we are even farther from the phone house or what ever it’s called for high speed.

So I guess I’m stuck with dial up, unless I run the cable myself.

Hey cable guy, what are you doing this weekend?

ROAD TRIP !
I got stuck painting the house this weekend.

15 poles! Wow thats about 4 line extenders (at $400 a pop) and about 2000' of coax at $45 per 4'. Do the math! Oh my!

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Does that $45 per 4' cover the cost of installing it (personel, materials,equipment), or just the materials?
If it's just the materials then I'm guessing the cable co has a contract like the gov't to buy those $2000 toilet seats.
Connectors and drop line to house is seperate activation fee. but that $45 includes personel, mat., equipment. If there is enough people around him to H/U, all fees are usually waved.

1 - 19 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.