GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM was supposed to redesign the minivans (including the Uplander) for 2010, but due to the decline of minivans, the project has been canceled. Instead, GM will get a large crossover SUV for Chevrolet, based on the Sequel concept.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like low minivan sales have helped take GM out of the minivan market completely.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The big 3 were all suppose to get out of the minivan market completely but then i guess chrysler realized, ppl probably still want the od minivan, and with gm and ford out of the picture, everyone will come to us for a cheap minivan, so they made the 08 caravan. But ford and GM stayed true to there word and no more uplander, terrazza, montana, silhouete, or freestar.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand, the Chrysler Town and Country minivan is actually designed extremely well. It's getting rave reviews and it alone has the power to change people's minds about Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats wierd i thought they were staying with only the caravan and no town and country.

I've not heard or seen any mention that the T&C would go away, in fac it looks like it's good through 2009, especially as other players go away making it even more likely that the van will sell.

I think the T&C is the higher-end model and the dodge will be the more practical model, although there is a Grand Caravan that's pretty nice too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts