GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many folks here drive an uplander.

There are some plusses for us to consider buying one. 1) We can get all of our stuff and our kiddo in it easily. Not to mention hauling a guest or two or three if need be. 2) The wife doesn't mind driving it. She thinks the TrailBlazer is about as big of a vehicle as she wants to drive. 3) We could still tow a small trailer behind it. 4) Be comfortable for long road-trips.

Cons? Well 1) It's a minivan, apparently it's going to be discontinued. 2) We'll lose some power. 3) The gas mileage isn't as good as even the new Tahoe! 4) I'll lose some legroom.

I don't know, it's an option for us to consider.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone done any crazy mods to an uplander?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Anyone done any crazy mods to an uplander?
well i was think about trading my truck in for one and puttin spinners on it :lol:

just kidding :)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's good basic transportation but the market for minivans has dropped almost as fast as the SUV market dropped.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It's good basic transportation but the market for minivans has dropped almost as fast as the SUV market dropped.
why ?? dont minivans get decent milage
what kind of milage do they get and what kinds of power plants do they have???

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why ?? dont minivans get decent milage
what kind of milage do they get and what kinds of power plants do they have???
It's not just that, people want to call them "Crossovers" now. They're basically the same thing, it's a larger cab an a car chasis, or unibody, not a truck chasis. More of a style thing than anything. GM's focus went into the Acadia, the Enclave, etc.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
i see

I drove one of those Uplanders one time for work didnt really get to "test" bc i had several other colluges and gear, but it handeld nicely & had alot of room :great:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
the wife and i purchased our uplander new in 2006 and absolutely love it.I've heard through the years about how ugly they are and i just don't get it,i love the lines of the body and it's great on gas.I always wanted to see what it would look like with a 6 inch lift,33 inch tires,and some bushwacker flares.....mmm i may just try it with ours once i get done adding parts to my Silverado

1 - 9 of 9 Posts