GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i`m new too.. sorry for use this post to present me but i didn`t founded the click to generate a new post...

Well, i`m a chevy silverado 1997 (yeah, here in chile we know it like a Silverado, but i think that it`s the same than GMC sierra) with 100000 miles.
And i have a questions about mechnic function of my truck..

First one: recently i bought in summitracing a spark plug wire set Accel brand, and i`m not sure about the aleternative brand is equal than original brand (acdelco believe).

bye

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to the club. :great:

I've never heard anything negative about the Accel brand of spark plug wires. In fact that's what I recently bought for my suburban.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Customize 'em

Yeah, Accel is good stuff. I prefer to go with the universal sets and custom fit them so they look neater and stay off the exhaust. Somehow the off the shelf sets seem too long. Here was my last set of Taylor plug wires on the burb in custom looms.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Accel-could be better than original-higher performance

Accel has been making high performance items-usually ignition items-for a long time.I bought some fancy spark plug wires at least 35 years ago for a 383 'Cuda-a Plymouth muscle car.Their stuff is always good,and frequently might have better specifications than the OEM item.
I have have become an old sissy,so now I try to get OEM parts if at all possible .GM now makes lots of high performance items for their vehicles.You can order it online from www.gmpartsclub.com. If you need replacement hi performance parts, you might try to source the GM items.
The Accel items will be very good(not cheap either)
Luck and welcome,
Charlie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about plymouth

Charlie, have you a picts of your muscle car?
in Chile it`s very strange to see a muscle car at the street.
But if you are interested can visit a www.musclecars.cl (chile page) about the theme here.
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts