GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my burban there were those chrome rocker panels on it, I would like to get those off along with the factory molding running down the side of the truck, will a heatgun and some adhesive remover work or is it gonna be tougher then that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A heat gun will work, I have taken them off with it before. Be careful when pulling them off because I have seen them dent the cab also if trying to peel them back instead of out...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i assume this will take some time,any other tips, but not to worried about dents as i have a few battle scars already so am gonna pound those out, fill, prime and rhino line from the lower door line down

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Heat gun and spray a little WD 40 or Goo Be Gone above the the strips before removing, allow it to soak in some before starting. You can also use a plastic bondo spreader to assist removing the strips.
After you get the strips off clean the area real good with soap and water then wax. This area has probably never been waxed before and the paint will fade fast if you dont give it a protective coat.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
you could also just use a hair dryer to heat it up than run floss or fishing line behind it while the glue is warm and it will come right off.... than just use goo gone to take the remaining glue off the paint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts