GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Welcome aboard. Do you have a soft or hard cover? I have the soft cover. Most of the time I just wash it, but when it gets bad, I use a convertible top spray. It gets off any nastiness that the sponge and soap won't.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Kinda depends on the type of cover you have, really. I have the Undercover Classic which is pretty much just reinforced plastic. I use meguiars Vinyl/rubber/plastic protector. Keeps the cover shiny and protected from UV fading/cracking. Car duster now and again keeps the pollen off of it to keep it lookin clean!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I alternate between Eagleone nanowax and armorall, 4 years and still looks like new.
When I bought my Extang tarp, the speed shop made it very clear NOT to use armor all on it. They said soap & water -or- Extang's own cleaner.

They said it would void the warranty & that Extang could test any tarp returned and tell if armor all was used on it..

I've been washing truck and all W/ powdered Zep brand truck wash, pink stuff used to have it in a fiber drum @ work & I'm down to about a pound or so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts