GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I had to put in a new battery in my 2004 Yukon XL. The key fob worked as well as the radio presets, but the climate control system would only blow hot air. I tried several different things to no avail. Anyone hear of having to have the system reset when a new battery is put in the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
From what I understand, the changing of the battery should not affect the climate controls. Is it changing from vents to defrost to floor correctly? Can you hear any clicking behind the dash when you try to change temperatures? Does the rear system work correctly? Is the compressor engaging/dis-engaging when you turn the a/c on and off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do hear the compressor engaging/disengaging when I push the a/c button. The rear system would only blow slightly cool air, but the front only blows hot or hotter.

You are right, changing the battery shouldn't affect the climate control, but it was blowing cold and hard on auto right before I changed out the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come to find out the dealer said that A/C not working was a fluke and obviously had nothing to do with changing the battery. They did discover that I was a pound of freon short even though there is no leak in the system. Go figure! :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Glad you figured it out. I was getting tired of googling for someone that had the same problem. ;) Post up any more questions you have and maybe we will be able to do a little better job next time.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Come to find out the dealer said that A/C not working was a fluke and obviously had nothing to do with changing the battery. They did discover that I was a pound of freon short even though there is no leak in the system. Go figure! :wink:
Cars/Trucks can be weird. Doesn't surprise me, glad ya got it though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The service guy said the same thing about how weird things can get with cars and trucks. With all the electronics and mechanical gizmos that are in them these days, it's no wonder things can be difficult to diagnose. Anyway, the wife's happy she has her vehicle back!!! That's all that really matters. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts