GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed these 3" coil spacers on my 2001 Sierra 1500 2WD, and after I put the springs and front end back together, I noticed this bowing. I also hear a light creaking when the truck bounces on the front, which I can only assume is the spring rubbing on my shocks. I also have a 3" rough country lift kit on that has been on for some time. I know that I have the right shocks on, but one of my friends said I may need to get shorter springs to compensate. Would getting shorter springs bring the front of the truck back down, making the spacers pointless? Anyone know how to fix the bowing?

Thanks everyone
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 480k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
2,004 Posts
Is the lift kit a spindle lift? If so, you need to remove the spacer. The control arms will still want to be the same distance apart.

What was the reason behind the spring spacer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the lift kit a spindle lift? If so, you need to remove the spacer. The control arms will still want to be the same distance apart.

What was the reason behind the spring spacer?
The kit from rough country is a spindle kit, and I wanted the spacers because i have aftermarket leaf springs in the back so I needed a few more inches in the front to make it level or at least not sticking the ass of the truck up. Is there any solve here for me besides just taking the L and buying a 6” lift kit and only installing the front parts to my truck?

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 480k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
2,004 Posts
I don't know of another way... Haul dirt around every day? Get an awesome tool box and fill it? 🤣

·
Registered
2001 Suburban 5.3L, 302.2k miles
1,817 Posts
I don't know of another way... Haul dirt around every day? Get an awesome tool box and fill it? 🤣
That's a good one to wake me up early in the morning ,Jacob !
Better than coffee.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are there lift spacers between the rear leaf packs and the axle tube?
Must have been fun cramming those front spring spacers in there.
How are those front brake lines doin, did you have to use a brake line stretcher on them?.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts