GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Adam West of Iqaluit. It got to -1C here the other day. Wife will not let me put the heat on,( the change). Went out an sat in the Chevy, so warm. Turned the 5.7 over in the regular cab, and cooked eggs over the defrost.

37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
90s what the heck is that? Just kidding, had to work with both units here in Canada, as a Eng Tech. Here is a trick to avoid a conversation. Talk about pressure. Bar, Psi, Kgcm2, 1/2 bar, Atmosphere, Kpa, inches of mer, inches of h20. Units of pressure. I can not weld but it was so fun cutting steel at college. A before O or up you will go!

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
And we will thank you to keep those 90s in Louisiana......

-1°C, that is almost time to start looking for a long sleeve shirt.

This is my favorite time of the year, temps in the 50s and 60s, sunny, trees are just thinking about changing color, just a few have started, can still go jump in the lake or pool for a swim, still wearing short pants and no shirt, and not have to break a sweat just because I blinked my eyes.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
And we will thank you to keep those 90s in Louisiana......

-1°C, that is almost time to start looking for a long sleeve shirt.

This is my favorite time of the year, temps in the 50s and 60s, sunny, trees are just thinking about changing color, just a few have started, can still go jump in the lake or pool for a swim, still wearing short pants and no shirt, and not have to break a sweat just because I blinked my eyes.
And you can keep all the snow you want. I dont have to deal with snow but maybe once every 10 years, and even then it only last a few days. As for the heat, well thats what AC is for. Have it at work, in my tuck, and at home. My welding booth at work has AC. It does cool of some at night, so we just do outdoors early mornings, and late afternoons. On the rear ocations we do have to work in the heat, we bring a fan. Its all what you get used to.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey Adam West of Iqaluit. It got to -1C here the other day. Wife will not let me put the heat on,( the change). Went out an sat in the Chevy, so warm. Turned the 5.7 over in the regular cab, and cooked eggs over the defrost.
To funny! I would be willing to bet you're familiar with muffler burritos warmed for lunch on your sled too! I've had them when I re-visited the old homestead in eastern Wa. state a few winters ago and my son and I spent some quality time together sledding on a couple of Yamahammers. I live in SC now and even tho the calendar says it's fall it's still summer here with 90F temps. Local weather forecasters said this morning tongue in cheek we may have some fall weather by Christmas.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
There are a few good things about the first frost. Dead skeeters, vibrant trees, beginning the cycle for next years maple syrup! Nothing better than real maple syrup on a thick Belgian waffle!

Reactions: thegawd
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hardwoods are getting vibrant in color now. Still to much cover to kill the fall skeets with one frost. Just acquired some aged circa spring 2o18 home made maple syrup, from my friend east of Algonquin Park, Ontario. Waffles yes, but not Belgian. They are yeast based, if you leave the batter unintended, it foams up and the next thing you know the hounds are lapping it up off the kitchen floor. And I make my own bread, beer and wine. Da!(I plead no contest).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts