GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Hey 99... good thing you dont live up here in the great white north otherwise you would end up not being able to find your truck half the year! haha. Looking great. and what did you use to pain the bumper pads since i know the plastic is quite porous.. and how are you going to keep it from getting scuffed up stepping on it?

·
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey 99... good thing you dont live up here in the great white north otherwise you would end up not being able to find your truck half the year! haha. Looking great. and what did you use to pain the bumper pads since i know the plastic is quite porous.. and how are you going to keep it from getting scuffed up stepping on it?

Thanks Mike....I used Dupli-Color's.....Adhesion Promoter.....Primer.....Prefect Match Paint and Clear Coat,

Dupli-Color® Adhesion Promoter improves adhesion of enamel and lacquer topcoats to all surfaces, including plastic and chrome. Adhesion Promoter is an all-purpose clear primer ideal for both interior and exterior applications.
Where to buy?

Self-Etching Primer

Dupli-Color® Self-Etching Primer etches and primes bare metal in one step, making it ideal to use as the first step in all automotive priming projects and for use on spot repairs. A high-quality formulation allows for maximum adhesion under all types of automotive finishes on plastics, fiberglass, bare steel, aluminum and stainless steel surfaces.

Dupli-Color® Perfect Match™ Premium Automotive Paint is an easy-to-use, high-quality, fast-drying, acrylic lacquer aerosol paint specially formulated to exactly match the color of the original factory applied coating. Ideal for use on all OEM paint surfaces, Perfect Match is available in a complete line of exact-match colors for current and late model import and domestic vehicles, making this product ideal for both small scale vehicle touch-up and for painting vehicle accessories,

I used......2 Coats of Adhesion Promoter.....2 Coats of Primer.....3 Coats of Prefect Match Paint and 3 Coats of Clear.....For each Coat 15-20 Flash time, I've already stepped on the pads no problem so far, the Clear Coat should help with the pads not getting Scuffed up, but time will tell......a couple of my friends checked it out and though I had them painted at Auto Body Shop......I'm just Really Pleased with the Finish I got from using these Dupli-Color Products .

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
For sure.. i guess i need to take a closer look since i have a few small spots to touch up on my truck this summer (mainly the rust spot on the roof).
I tell ya that truck keeps looking better! now time to put the summer rims back on i guess....

·
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For sure.. i guess i need to take a closer look since i have a few small spots to touch up on my truck this summer (mainly the rust spot on the roof).
I tell ya that truck keeps looking better! now time to put the summer rims back on i guess....
Mike.....Once again I'm Really Impressed with How Well the Paint Matched up with the 11 Year Old Paint on the Truck.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

your truck is lookin good
Thank you......:glasses:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Truck looks awesome Mike, the color matching you have done is really tasteful. The touches of chrome make it look like it's not overdone, and really compliments the white. So....what's next?

·
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Truck looks awesome Mike, the color matching you have done is really tasteful. The touches of chrome make it look like it's not overdone, and really compliments the white. So....what's next?
Thanks Adam........Up next is going to be a.....Katzkin 2-Tone interior, I'm going with a Matching Grey Leather with Black Suede Inset's......right now I'm mounting a LED Lighting system in the bed of the Truck.....4 LED lights under each rail and then running the Wiring to the Cargo Switch in the Cab.....

Adam your Truck.....just Looks Awesome, you have put in a lot of Time...Hard Work and $$$......into your Truck and it Shows....It Looks Great....:glasses:

Edit:.....I for got to mention that I'm getting the front Driver/Passenger side Window's tinted.....hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I likieee, looks great!!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mike,

Truck looks great. I haven't seen anything like that before. Let us know how it holds up.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mike...as always...nice job! Truck looks great...

·
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Hey Mike, that looks good. It always suprises me how you can make a few changes to a car or truck & make them look better than the factory ever thought of.

Fleetwoods going to have to get busy & do something to his now, cuz your truck has just made his look like a Sunday dirt track racer ha ha ha :rofl:

·
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey Mike, that looks good. It always suprises me how you can make a few changes to a car or truck & make them look better than the factory ever thought of.

Fleetwoods going to have to get busy & do something to his now, cuz your truck has just made his look like a Sunday dirt track racer ha ha ha :rofl:
Thanks Stephan.......As I mentioned above......I was Very Impressed with Dupilcolor's product line.......the Prefect Match Paint is just that Prefect.....I mean my Truck is 11 years old W/150,000 miles.....and paint was as close to Perfect as it could get!!

I'm waiting for Fleetwood......to check-in.....to see what he has to said??

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
OMG Mike...that looks awesome!! It's about time you finally got around to painting something white on your truck. I love the look of the chrome inside of the white as well. Great contrast. Question is, how are you going to find your ride when it is snowing now?

I have used the duplicolor as well and it was a perfect match. I put a few bruises and dents in my ride while off-roading and had to perform some very amature body work and re-painting.

And Stephan (someday you might actually be funny) - yes, most rides compared to Mike's are track racers....At this point, Mike's ride is almost ready for the museum. Super clean and super classy. It's hard to believe 11 years old and 150k miles.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mike, did you pull the caps off of the bumper? or did you just tape everything off real good? :)

i might have to do this...did I mention it looks awesome!

·
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OMG Mike...that looks awesome!! It's about time you finally got around to painting something white on your truck. I love the look of the chrome inside of the white as well. Great contrast. Question is, how are you going to find your ride when it is snowing now?

I have used the duplicolor as well and it was a perfect match. I put a few bruises and dents in my ride while off-roading and had to perform some very amature body work and re-painting.

And Stephan (someday you might actually be funny) - yes, most rides compared to Mike's are track racers....At this point, Mike's ride is almost ready for the museum. Super clean and super classy. It's hard to believe 11 years old and 150k miles.
Thanks Mike......your right in a snow storm I would most likely not be able to find it.....I'm just trying to stay 1 step ahead of Adampaul1964....on all of the Appearance mods he been doing.....His Truck looks Awesome!!

Mike, did you pull the caps off of the bumper? or did you just tape everything off real good? :)

i might have to do this...did I mention it looks awesome!
Mike.....I pulled them off gently......the side ones have a plastic clip down at the bottom, but no problem with getting them off......once I was done painting them they went back on with no problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts