GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Colorado that I bought used in Feb. of 07. When I bought it, I had the dealer run a carfax report for me. It came back fine, no problems reported. I went this past weekend to a different dealer looking to trade, and they ran a new carfax report. This time it came back that it was in a pretty serious wreck in May of 06. Needless to say, they wouldn't offer me much on trade after that. I know it can take some time to get things on a carfax report, but seven months? I am wondering if there is anyting I can do to try to recoup some of the equity I thought I once had. I contacted the dealer where I got it and wasn't offered much help, except a song and dance. I am thinking of getting a lawyer, but not sure it will do any good. If anyone has advice, I would love to hear it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Similar happend to me. Bought my wife an 01 Durango in 02. Dealer said no accidents, carfax no accidents. The paint started cracking on the rear hatch. The body shop I took it to showed it to me after they sanded down the hatch and it had already been repainted back there 6 times. Carfax is only good if the body shop that fixes it reports it to them and it's not a law that they have to report it. Sorry for your problems.

·
Registered
307 Posts
yeah thats one problem about buying from a stealership they dont really want to help anyone out unless you plan on spending a bunch of money, you could try a lawyer but like you said i dont think it would help much, you might be able to sell it privatly, be honest of coarse but who knows you might be able to get a little more out of it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to register the report with carfax within 90 days of the report, and I didn't know to do that. So I don't think that that is an option. I have the DMV investigating the problem, but who knows how long that will take. It is very frustrating because it doesn't seem like I have alot of options. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i hope all works out for ya :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts