GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold a dryer today to a guy who picked it up in a 2005 Colorado Z71 offroad truck, but it was only 2WD. Anyone know why they made a 2WD with the Z71 package? Anyone else have one?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I wonder if it would be similar to the Toyota Tacoma Prerunner? I had a double-cab limited 4X4 with the TRD off road package but get it next to a Tacoma Prerunner and they sat the same heighth and had the same wheels as the 4X4 but only in 2-wheel drive.

Reactions: ChevyFan

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was looking hard at the Z71 2wd, i can only say that 'i' wanted it for the looks. i don't need 4wd, it always gets me into trouble (i have to blame getting stuck on something!), the real true reason for 4wd is just the looks. (and the occasional wild hair!). i ended up with a 4 door 2wd. which i love, and havn't gotten stuck!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Good move GM

The aggressive look a 4x4 has is very appealing, but if you could get it in 2wd that would be all the better. I think GM made a wise choice in offering Z71 on 2wd.
I think everyone has to be honest with themselves about this, most people buy their trucks based on appearance as part of their decision. Why else would there be so many Ford super duty's out there. It's not for the performance, or reliability. It's ride height, and looks. (yeah, I know, I said the "F" word.):redface:

·
Registered
21 Posts
No offense to anyone please... :redface:

But isn't a Z71 without four wheel drive like a bull without any balls? :eek:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think the 2wd Z71 has the offroad suspension but also possibly the Z71 locker in the rear. Just a thought.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the 2wd Z71 has the offroad suspension but also possibly the Z71 locker in the rear. Just a thought.....
in mexico if you buy a 2 wheel drive pickup you have really a tax problem on your hands,2 wheel drive is considered a luxruy truck and you pay about 600 dollars tax a year for 10 years,but if you buy a 4 wheel drive it is considered a work truck,farm truck and no tax on it,,,that tax was put on by the president of mexico to pay for the olimpicos when it came to mexico ,i forgot what year 1965 or so,when the money came in to pay off,they would take off the tax,,kinda like here,,,,,,so in mexico they drive the 4 wheel trucks,,,abuelito

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup I got one

I have an '05 Colorado Z71 2wd standard cab, my salesman clued me in when I bought it, it has the big tires, the lift kit, color wheel flares but just two wheels driving, I'm very happy with it and get lots of compliments.

·
Registered
37 Posts
idk

idk if they have a locker but i now u can get the colorado in Z71 2WD but if u want 4WD u have to get the Z71 "Off-Road" package and im thinkin that the locker would only come on the off road model cuz the normal z71 package for that truck w/ a 2wd set up would prolly be just for looks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts