GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '97 serria I have has all of the little fold down cubbies on the headliner. Right below the two reading lamps is a blank panel about 4"-5" wide and mabey 1 1/2" tall. Would a compass have come there on another package. My trucks got the fulll load but its a 3/4 ton and I know sometimes the options are different from 1/2 tons. Would it be per-wired? If not a compass, then what goes there?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody can help me out with this one?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
my guess is a compass.... mine was replaced by the previous owner with shock gauges for the Rancho RS9000 shocks which were 5 way adjustable and you could pump up with a button next to those gauges which was hooked up to a compressor under the hood with airlines going to each shock.... I got the new RS9000X now but dont want to have to buy the new gauges cuz they are 200$ so i left the old ones there cuz they look cool.. maybe in the future :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
alot of the newer vehicles the compass was moved up into the rear view mirror ...some newer trucks still carry the compass on the dash I have seen the part number still available float by once in a while

·
Registered
279 Posts
The 1/2 tons had the compass up there, the 3/4 tons just had a cover. As far as I know there are no wiring provisions up there for the compass as the harness for the compass is quite extensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts