GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between component speakers and 2 ways? I currently have the Alpine Type-S 6.5s installed in all 4 doors. A buddy of mine at work said I should have gone with components in the front doors. What exactly is the difference between the two, other than the that the tweeter is seperate from the woofer?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
What is the difference between component speakers and 2 ways? I currently have the Alpine Type-S 6.5s installed in all 4 doors. A buddy of mine at work said I should have gone with components in the front doors. What exactly is the difference between the two, other than the that the tweeter is seperate from the woofer?

The Alpines you have are coaxial speakers I beleive....where the speaker and tweeter are mounted together....components are seperate.

Coaxial speakers are usually not the quality of components. Components are made of better materials and have a higher power handling usually. Components will have a cross over also.

There are high end coaxial setups....just depends on your budget and what sounds good to you.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
As said above Most Comp's are made for more power handleing and you can custom aim and mount them for better sound. You should get a good Amp when you upgrade like that..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts