GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I had my 2000 Silverado (4.3 Litre) in the dealership for some work, I was told that my lower intake manifold gasket was leaking. they said it is a "very slow" leak. Is this something to be majorly worried about? I have done majority maintenance/repairs on my truck myself, but I don't think I should try this one. Is it as simple as putting in a bottle of leakstop?:shocked: Or should I have the gasket replaced? Or just leave it alone?

Thanks,

OkieMike

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
You will want to do intake gaskets, really it isnt to bad of a job. But never ever ever put stop leak into the radiator, unless it is a last resort to get you home out of the woods.. And then you will want to flush it immediately. It will clog up your entire system.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X2 on the stop leak, do not use.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Like all said on the stop leak.I carry it when on a long trip as a just in case-limp home measure.
It probably works best when the hole is in metal-like an old beat up radiator in an old motor you plan to switch out soon.

I had just the sort of leak you describe-it was leaking toward to back-to the outside-dripping backwards.

Don't delay too long on the repair-check your oil and coolant frequently if you delay-look for cloudy "stuff"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts