GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 14 Silverado that I bought used with a leveling kit already installed when i bought it. What is needed parts wise to have the suspension work properly? My mechanic is an old timer and seems to not know why I'm having premature tire wear, shiddering under hard braking, clunking when turning the steering wheel left or right and a weird metal on plastic scraping noise when turning the steering wheel left and right. I absolutely love the lift and want to keep it.
Any advice from someone that knows is definitely appreciated

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,318 Posts
I think you're going to find a multitude of problems from a probably abusive first owner.

1. Shuddering when braking - warped rotors front/back/both

2. Clunking when turning - tie rod ends, control arm bushings, ball joints

3. Premature tire wear - see #2

4. Weird rubbing noise - check the steering wheel shaft from the steering box to the steering wheel (probably a plastic guard in the wrong position from power steering box service or improper length adjustment after lift)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just replaced the pads and rotors on the front
Replaced a bad outer tie rod and as well as a lower ball joint and upper control arm. But i still feel shuddering when braking so I'm going to replace pads and rotors on the rear. I'll check the other stuff, thank you for the input, its much appreciated. Would I need any parts that would be for lifted trucks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts