GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game show, "The Price is Right" is wrapping up it's 35 year run with Bob Barker next year. (My folks are going to a taping in January)

Remember back when Bob would point to a curtain that was being pulled back and would say ... "You can win .... A NEW CAR!" and it was something like a Ford Pinto or a Gremlin or a Taurus or something pretty basic like that?

On today's episode, one of the prizes was ... "A NEW CORVETTE!" It was the Golden Road game.

Anyhow, a new Corvette? Wow! This Navy Cheif was on and he got within one number of winning it too! $56,526 was the price and we goofed up on the 2. Otherwise he'd be a styling Navy Chief!

I guess becuase the show is getting more attention, being in its last year, they'll get better prizes on the show.
corvette Parts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... later in the same game (I don't normally watch TPIR, but I'm off for the next week) they tried to give away a new Mustang, but that was a $19,995 car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steve,
Don't feel too bad, I own a 1975 Stingray, and it's not worth the price of a new Mustang, even though it'll blow a Mustang into the weeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts