GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Suburban, the courtesy lights do not go off when the
doors are closed and engine started. I suspect the problem is the
Courtsey Light Control Module. Question is where is it located.

Also there seems to be a relay clicking when the courtesy lights
sometimes go on and off rapidly. I can't find it either.

If anyone has worked on similar problems let me know what you
have learned. Please!

Thanks in advance

Bob

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I don't see any relays in the schematic for the courtesy lamps, and control module. Also I don't see anything in my book that explains where to find the module itself. I do see that it is tied in with the remote door lock module.

The only thing I can tell you is the module has a five wire connection, which consists of: Grey, Orange, White, Pink, Black.

Hopefully someone else has an easier answer, but if no one else does, you can do this.

Pull the interior dimmer switch, and follow the grey line. If you have Remote keyless entry, it will bring you to the Remote door lock module, from there, you should find a black wire, that will bring you driectly to the the lamp control module.

If you don't have remote keyless entry, the grey wire will bring you right to the lamp control module.

I can get a copy of the scematics up on the site a little later, but it's too late to do it right now. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The information that I have says that is should be "under center of dash". Hope this helps.

Reactions: dwill3015

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue on a 99 suburban, except that mine is intermittant. I can drive for a few miles and the lights will turn off. Other times I make my whole drive and the lights never go out. I've already replaced both front door switches, no change. Did the module resolve your issue and was it located center, under the dash?

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
did you check the program options for your computer on your entry lights?

also.. have you played with the drivers door switch or maybe the tailgate switch? check all those as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts