GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Louisiana, we jumped up over 2500 cases since yesterday. Im sure we will have over 10,000 cases tomorrow.
Screenshot_2020-04-02-14-23-20.png
Screenshot_2020-04-02-14-23-20.png

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ray. Were doing what we can. I am still working 5 days a week. Im glad we dont deal with the public to much. Its not like there are a lot of different people in and out of the shop every day, and we only have about 12 employees.

Reactions: Goldie and RayVoy

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew we would brake 10,000 cases today.
Screenshot_2020-04-03-12-35-01.png

·
Registered
13,599 Posts
I see the world broke 1,000,000

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Hay guys, Kenny, the truly best way to protect yourself and family is social distancing. I've been shut-in for 2 months now, not too hard to do if your retired like myself, but you really need to stay out of the public & activities and that is hard, I know it is. But it is truly the BEST WAY. The best way to protect against the virus is to not get it in the first place. Now I'm just 90 miles from NYC and hell right across the river at the end of the street is NJ, they have 29.895 cases, 546 dead and NYC has 102.863, 2.982 dead. But I have to tell you, the way to look at this is if you were a soldier and in combat zone. You could get dead real soon, but the better you use your head and don't take risks and the longer you'll live. I know it sounds simple, and it's not, but we have to try to get to July and we'll have a much better time. Might have a vaccine by then, maybe not. but we all need to stop watching the stupid news programs (all they do is get you more excited and upset) and deal with this and your family together. This is not going to define us, we will come out the other side. God bless all of you guys, just hunger down and hang in there. It ain't going to last forever.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Screenshot_2020-04-05-15-24-51.png

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Screenshot_2020-04-06-13-32-37.png

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im sure we will brake 20,000 cases tomorrow. Work is slow, but I am still working. The stores are restocked for the most part.
Screenshot_2020-04-09-15-43-44.png

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Sad, we are closing in on 20.000 cases. 338 deaths so far. hope it is coming to a peak soon.

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Please, I don't mean to be a jerk and I am not a flat earther or anything like that. But I do believe in research and fact checking.

I just want to put this into perspective.

Did anyone here know that the 2017-2018 flu season killed 61,000 people in the United States alone? Sixty-one thousand. That's just November/December 2017 through April/Early May 2018.

So far in the US, SARS-Cov-2 has taken something like 17,000 souls. I lament them all. However...thats "only" less than a third of the 17-18 flu number. Only one US flu season in the last 10 years has had fewer deaths than 17,000. Has anyone reacted this way to the flu over the last 10 years? Gloves, masks, totally abandoning the workplace?

All I'm saying is be careful and all, but I dont think our D!ck5 are gping to explode just because we walked outside! If you are that concerned, or if you know someone who is high risk, put a bandana over your face (or an N95 or something if you have it). Put some gloves on. Wash your hands and face extra often and pay attention trying to not touch your face. Gargle with mouthwash. Take a multivitamin and some Airborne. Eat another orange. Have some chicken soup. Sneeze or caugh into your elbow. But try not to panic. Try not to experience undue fear.

So sometimes I wish we could stop looking at this as if we are in west Africa like 5 years ago during that Ebola outbreak? Because this is not that.

I suppose there will be backlash. I understand.

·
Registered
13,599 Posts
Again, as I said in the other thread, you you are not using real numbers to argue your case.

Yes, The US may have lost 61,000 souls in last years flu season, that season is over and this one has just begun. The projection for COVID19 deaths in the US is 240,000 souls; and, that is with social distancing and staying at home.

The real world truth is that the mortality rate for COVID19 is 10 times the mortality rate of the seasonal flu; that could potentially raise the US death rate for COVID19 to 610,000 if we went back to "normal".

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please, I don't mean to be a jerk and I am not a flat earther or anything like that. But I do believe in research and fact checking.

I just want to put this into perspective.

Did anyone here know that the 2017-2018 flu season killed 61,000 people in the United States alone? Sixty-one thousand. That's just November/December 2017 through April/Early May 2018.

So far in the US, SARS-Cov-2 has taken something like 17,000 souls. I lament them all. However...thats "only" less than a third of the 17-18 flu number. Only one US flu season in the last 10 years has had fewer deaths than 17,000. Has anyone reacted this way to the flu over the last 10 years? Gloves, masks, totally abandoning the workplace?

All I'm saying is be careful and all, but I dont think our D!ck5 are gping to explode just because we walked outside! If you are that concerned, or if you know someone who is high risk, put a bandana over your face (or an N95 or something if you have it). Put some gloves on. Wash your hands and face extra often and pay attention trying to not touch your face. Gargle with mouthwash. Take a multivitamin and some Airborne. Eat another orange. Have some chicken soup. Sneeze or caugh into your elbow. But try not to panic. Try not to experience undue fear.

So sometimes I wish we could stop looking at this as if we are in west Africa like 5 years ago during that Ebola outbreak? Because this is not that.

I suppose there will be backlash. I understand.
The difference with covid 19 is treatment. For covid 19, there isnt one that treats the virus, only the symptoms. Also the death rate for covid 19 is around 3 percent. The flu is .1 percent. Also although some people may not get sick at all, how would you feel if you were the person who gave it to a coworker, your grandmother, you mother, or someone else who dies because you came into contact with them and had the virus but disnt even know untill weeks later, or you never developed symptoms . Covid 19 is much more contagious than the flu, and much more deadly. The whole reason for the distancing is to slow the spreed of the virus to begin with. I, like you looked up the numbers on the flu when this first came out. And yes a lot more people died of the flu last year. About 80,000 people in the US. But there are treatments for the flu. Simply put, covid 19 is 30 times more deadly than the flu, and there is no vaccine, or treatment for covid 19 it self.

Reactions: Lerch98 and RayVoy

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again, as I said in the other thread, you you are not using real numbers to argue your case.

Yes, The US may have lost 61,000 souls in last years flu season, that season is over and this one has just begun. The projection for COVID19 deaths in the US is 240,000 souls; and, that is with social distancing and staying at home.

The real world truth is that the mortality rate for COVID19 is 10 times the mortality rate of the seasonal flu; that could potentially raise the US death rate for COVID19 to 610,000 if we went back to "normal".
Hey Ray, covid 19 is 30 times more deadly than the flu. Flu kills about .1 percent where covid 19 kills 3 percent. It is an issue for all here in Louisiana, but has hit the black community very hard. 70 percent of the deaths in Louisiana were people of color. And the black community makes up only 30 percent of the population of Louisiana. Research is being done now to figure out why, but the thought is that is because of social distancing.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
13,599 Posts
Kenny, I've read that. It is hitting the back communities very hard, much higher than white communities, so sad.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you look through my post, you can see the number of new cases going down. Here are yesterdays, and todays numbers.
Screenshot_2020-04-11-12-37-56.png
Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-20-27.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hardly watch the news nowadays. Trump's senseless ramblings about this pandemic is just making things worse. Hope he focuses in procuring PPEs for health workers and other front liners like the Police force. Poor nurses and doctors are dying because they lack PPEs. Some are reusing their N95 masks and had to resort wearing trash bags and rain coats to protect them from this dreadful disease.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Yeah, he said this wasn't anything, March 15th. He said they had this under TOTAL control. He said he doesn't take any responsibility for the delay, ‘No, I Don’t.’ Donald Trump Refuses To Take Responsibility For Disinfectant confusion. Warnings of a whole pandemic was in the PDB ( Presidential Daily Briefing), the second week of January, he said he didn't hear of it. And now he thinks ingesting Lysol, might help, ( total cleaning) his words not mine. We have lost 55.000 people since February. Oh sure, yeah, we have great leadership !

1 - 20 of 106 Posts