GM Truck Club Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
We, in New Brunswick, are required to wear a mask when on public transportation, in a taxi, and when inside an area where it's not possible to maintain 6 ft.
So far, we don't have to wear one when in most stores.
Restaurant servers need to wear one when serving.

I know there will always be push back against what appears to be big brother exercising his will; HOWEVER, when we're in a hard hat area, we wear a hard hat; when safety glasses are required, we wear safety glasses. When you drive a car, you wear a seatbelt.
Complaining about wearing a mask is beyond me.
But I guess there will also be people who will be against receiving an immunity injection.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
It's historial Ray, You can't protect people from themselves. But by not wearing a mask, they are selfish and are only going to spread the covid-19 virus faster, much faster. In studies done after the fact, medical experts have concluded the 1/2, 1/2 of all the deaths during the "Spanish Flu of 1918 could have been prevented. So president lysol doesn't think masks are necessary, really ?

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
We are required to wear a mask when entering any store. Funny part is,,,they have allowed restaurants to open. You MUST wear one to get in, and then you may remove it, so you can eat. Many of these rules are just not well thought out.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
151 Posts
Being in Florida has been...interesting?

We are not required to wear masks where I am and most people don't. We are sparsely populated relative to the areas with dense Covid numbers. I have only worn a mask during stays in the hospital or visits to medical facilities, but have (mostly) maintained the social distancing thing. I haven't been in a store where there were no tape lines on the floor marking off 6ft positions in the register line. I do the shopping for my grandparents and my family to limit overall exposure, but we're kind of over it. Even my 83 year old grandfather is going out in public just to get out of the house. My grandma didn't hold my daughter for almost 2 months after her birth and hasn't touched the other 2 kids maybe twice in 4 months because of Covid, which is very emotional for her. My office has shipped me off and I've been working from home for 4 months now. My father (construction) and mother (school admin) have been working this entire time and only recently even knew a person with Covid. The one guy I know who has Covid got it in Austin, TX after going out over the weekend. His symptoms were mild and lasted a couple days.

Independent stores are starting to enforce masks on their property, as is there right to do. I will still go to these places and will abide by their request, though, personally, I don't think it's necessary. (Yes, I know...unpopular here. I shall see myself to the gallows. ;)) Given the amount of Covid data fraud being exposed recently in Florida and the monetary perk to having positive testing numbers, this whole thing has turned into a corrupt pile of Kenny's sandwich filling. Just this week, a local news station started listing all the lab sites returning 100% positive (yes, 100% positive) tests in a state with an overall positivity rate of 11.64%. There was a case in the same news outlet this past week of a motorcycle crash fatality being listed as a Covid death because he tested positive after the fact... Not to mention the double-dipping of positive tests when retesting patients. It's a mess.

Florida has flattened the curve with their methods and has a trajectory very close to the charts the CDC wanted the end result to look like when we started. There has been an indisputable spike in numbers in the last couple weeks, but the proportional death spike has not followed. As I have stated in other forums, this "Bubble Boy" lifestyle we are leading now is not sustainable for much longer economically or socially. The younger, less susceptible have to venture out to make the economy keep ticking, thereby supporting those who are at risk.

Here is the Florida Department of Health dashboard for Covid information. FDoH: Covid Dashboard

I don't know what the answer is. Quite frankly, I don't know if anyone knows what the answer is. There's too much money and too much politics involved. I just pray it's over soon.

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Well, since the beginning (March for us) we started out as all shops closed except those deemed necessary by the Gov't. We had to vacate the premises at work and work from home. Those shops that were open, you had to have a mask to enter and yes, they cordoned off a line at 6 foot sections. It was not mandated, but was wise to wear a mask outdoors. I know people who passed away and there was no funeral for fear of spreading the disease.

Only about 4 weeks ago did we return to a week A and week B schedule at work, where half or less of us were in one week, and the other half the next week, and so on. Just 2 weeks ago some restaurants started reopening, but only for outdoor seating or take out. Last week or so, places like bars and Panera opened, where some booths were cordoned off. MUST have a mask to enter. Take it off to eat and drink. Insane.

I've heard about the numbers fraud in Florida. That's the kind of thing that discredits all the effort that Health and Human Services is working for. What a mess.

By the way, it is not lost on me that the folks making up these rules are the same folks in charge of our old soldiers' homes and regulate the other elderly live in facilities... and those places combine to make up 60 to 70 % of the COVID deaths here. So, I'm not sure there isnt a little bit of obfuscation going on here.

It's not lost on me that our neighbor died, nor that his daughter in law was in the hospital for over 2 months.

However, I am also aware that if you are 35 years or under, you have a better chance of getting stuck by lightning than dying from this COVID.

At the same time I want to be careful. I have a hard time rectifying that Montana has yet to shut down. I think a lot of folks from the cities took thier campers and travel trailers out to the sparsely populated areas of the country to escape this disease or the regulated shutdown, and brought COVID along with them, and THATis what is probably the root cause of these outbreaks in Fla and Montana and the like - notwithstanding the falsifying of the numbers.

I've been wearing a bandana around my neck every day since March. And I try to be very careful. What I'm doing MORE of: Wash hands, wash face, gargle with mouthwash, use hand sanitizer, stay a respectable distance from people, have my vitamin and an Airborne regularly.

Be careful and be healthy.

I cant wait until this all blows over so I dont need to wear this "ascot" like the guy who drives the van on Scooby Doo

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It’s not a constitutional crisis when someone's behavior in the name of “freedom” reduces the freedom of another citizen.

Not wearing a mask with then makes a person a carrier risk at best and a symptomatic carrier at worst. How do we know? And what will one say to their loved ones about why they infected them all in the name of having to be right?

Reactions: Goldie and RayVoy

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Doesn't make a damn thing right. If you think your government is jerking you around, Go Out, join up with your friends, go ahead, how wrong can it be ? anyway you might not die, you might infect a few people, but hay, who are they interrupting your freedom. New York is finalizing emptying the last of the refrigerated trailers of bodies. And Pobear is right, it will eventually, it will just "Go away" The spanish flu of 1918 only killed 675.000 americans and was pretty much gone by 1921. Don't be told what to do, F(*&it, go out !

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
And now, the covid virus has killed 144.000 the country seems to love being out and about, too hell with masks. But not to fear, president lysol is back to April and thinks Hydroxychloroquine is the miracle he's been hoping for, meanwhile, pretty pissed off the people think higher of Dr.Fauci than him ( Poor Baby, ego took another hit) his new pal Dr.Voodoo, (No name, but he thinks she great whoever she is) Got dumped again by Tweeter, and his kid too, all the while there is pressure to open schools or risk federal funds being withheld, Florida now has more cases than New York had and all things will be find, It'll go away like a miracle ! He might be right there. The spanish flu of 1918 killed 675.00 americans but. . it was pretty much gone by 1923 ? And now we're facing both a recession, covid-19 and a unhappy president lysol. Whats new !

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Eh. I'm not going down the political road here, but back in 1969 when Hong Kong Flu took 100,000 American lives, we didnt stop the anti war protests. We didnt stop the civil rights protests. We didnt even stop Woodstock. And that's when we "only" had a population of 200 million. Nothing stopped.

Dont get me wrong, I'm being careful and I think everyone should.

And while Florida's population very recently surpassed that of New york State (21 million to 19 million) as of a couple days ago, NY state had just over 2,100 cases per hundred thousand while Florida had something like 1800.

So not for nothing, but it was to be expected, especially with the percentage of the population there that is elderly.

I just feel like a little while longer and this will be beaten. There is some success treating this with Hydroxycloriquine, but the FDA has revoked its emergency use. It will be interesting to see whether it is found to really work, not work at all, or a new vaccine is developed, or it goes away like the 1st SARS from 2003.

And there's really something to be said here for the fact that 60 to 70% of these deaths have been in old soldier homes and old folks homes, which are supposedly being regulated by the same folks who are trying to tell us our D!cks are gonna fall off if we go outside...

I dont know the big answer. But I'm wearing a bandana and washing my hands a lot.

People used to laugh at me because I would only buy tomatoes and green beans at the grocery store if it was pre-wrapped in cling wrap...thisbis why I do that. Sure, someone at the farm or the packing plant could be sick, but that's less likely than 10, 000 people a day all running grubby fingers through an open pile of "fresh" greenbeans or vine ripe tomatoes. Anywhere I find pre-wrapped, I get that

·
Registered
151 Posts
I mean, we (FL) do have more cases than New York, but we have a 1.38% death rate compared to a 6.09% rate in New York. New York's death rate may seem lower now, but it's because they killed everyone early.

There are high numbers of known fraud in the case data exposed by local news stations regarding the Florida corona reporting. Multiple medical companies reporting 100% positive rates in a state with about a 12.68% positivity rate (today's data).

I just live here and haven't met a person with it or know someone personally who has it in Florida...but that's just me. 🤷

#CloroxForPresident2020🇺🇸
#AnyoneGotAmmoI'mOut

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Yeah, I didnt want to get political, but Jacob makes a great point. There were huge numbers of cases discovered to be fraudulent and the death rate in Florida is much lower than NY.

There have been people in HOSPICE and asymptomatic who also happened to have the virus in them, that were counted as COVID deaths. I just heard from someone who was in line so long to take a test, that they bailed and decided to go the next day. Well guess what. They got a call informing them they were positive when they never even got the blasted test...

Talking to the contact tracer (?) , it was explained, "well, you must have had symptoms and were in line so we marked you down as positive." That's just insane, and points to a higher payout or funding for places that show have higher numbers of positive cases. Follow the money, as they say.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
There is some success treating this with Hydroxycloriquine No there isn't, and you know it. But just like Tony Green in Texas, he thought it was all a "Scamdemic" so he had his family over for the weekend. By wednesday, he was sick, his family members got sick, his mother got it and died. and you will go on, and on and on about how the fact aren't the fact, just made up crap by someone, any one who disagrees with you. But you'll do this till you get it and your sick and who knows, maybe you'll grab a handful of Hydroxycloriquine pills and it won't help, but by then it'll be too late. You don't care, you all all the excuse makers will hang on till the very end. It's all just made up crap, right, you know that !

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Gee, JT. No need for all the vitriol. We are all friends here in these forums, brought together by the love of our trucks.

You said, "...and you will go on, and on and on about how the fact aren't the fact, just made up crap by someone, anyone who disagrees with you..."

Sorry, but everything I just stated was fact or a paraphrase of a fact. "Over 2100" might actually 2187, but I think you get the jist.

Sorry, but there has been some limited succes in other places using hydroxycloroquine. That doesnt mean it should be OK for use. There may be other issues with it. I've spent a fair amount of time in South America and they get some things over the counter that we need a prescription for. Just saying. Those drugs dont act any different on North Americans than South Americans, just our government may have other reasons for not supporting its use while some other governments might.

Hydroxychloroguine has been used for 50 years to treat and prevent malaria. More to prevent it or treat mild cases, not severe cases. It's also used to treat lupus and arthritis. Even the Mayo clinic is not opposed to its use in COVID patients per se, as long as it is during clinical trials.

By the way, every fact I have stated is exactly that - a fact. One of my listed facts is on the Mayo Clinic website. But you must be smarter than all of them? So if you want to spout off about my facts not being facts, you're barkin' up the wrong tree, friend. What I know, I know. What I dont know, I research. If I find something out, I state it. If I still dont know something, I just say say I dont know.

I dont want to die from this any more than you do. If you are so frightened by this, stay home. That's the wisest thing to do. But i have to walk my dog 3 times a day and go to work. Cant help it. You should stay home but be sure to stay connected to people so you dont get depressed.

And I have direct experience of a doctor prescribing a medicine to a patient, only to change that prescription to a different, newer, more expensive medicine which actually caused problems for that particular patient. The doc wisely reverted back to the previous medicine and everything went fine. But bet your a$$ if that more expensive medicine worked, even only as well as the original, he would have stayed with that.

If Tony Green in Texas didnt get sick until he had met with his family, then someone else in his family had it and gave it to him. Therefore he is only complicit in his own death, not in spreading it. Someone else did that.

That's why I keep saying, wear your mask or bandana. Wash your hands. Stay some distance apart. That's 90% of this thing. And yes, the government regulates the Soldiers Homes and the elderly facilities. And yes. That's where 60 to 70% of the deaths are happening. Also facts.

The only thing we learn by being spoonfed, is the shape of the spoon. Doesnt mean dont be careful.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is a lot of angst and pain on both sides here. What's lost is the ability to have a moderate conversation...as well as know who you're talking to. In the keyboard world, there is little to no ramification to flying off the handle and it's VERY easy to interpret poor wording as flying off the handle. Believe me...I work for an international company. Written communications are stupidly finicky.

I meant no aggression. I was computing data from the FL DoH and some random Yahoo chart I have used previously for New York, which usually displays numbers favoring New York.

Those of us who are worried about the disease should do what they can to mitigate exposure. I, however, am very low risk and must continue to provide care for the 4 generations living within 10 minutes of here. I don't want to die from this thing any more than the next guy, but I'm not going to let my 75 and up grandparents die having not seen or held their great granddaughters and great grandsons. There is more to life than breathing.

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Just another fact...
New York State COVID deaths almost 33 thousand

Florida COVID deaths, almost 6 thousand

Seems like we are getting a better handle on treating this, if not actually preventing its spread. I sure hope so

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
My place of work has been doing the medical screening thing for several months now. They just announced they will be conducting mandatory brain tickle testing every two weeks. Although I'm not crazy about being told I have to take the test every two weeks, I am very grateful I still have a job. Along with that, I'm a bit at ease knowing I'll be tested that often so I will know for sure if I catch it and can do everything in my power to not spread it, especially to my elderly mother and other family members with preexisting factors. Besides, if I do test positive, the job will continue to pay me until I test negative.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
"By the way, every fact I have stated is exactly that - a fact. One of my listed facts is on the Mayo Clinic website. But you must be smarter than all of them? So if you want to spout off about my facts not being facts, you're barkin' up the wrong tree, friend. What I know, I know. What I dont know, I research. If I find something out, I state it. If I still dont know something, I just say say I dont know."

Really ? If you dig up enough BS, you'll find something, but that doesn't mean it's true.

On top of that, one of our most respected and beloved members here just lost his mother to covid-19, but she was elderly and by your own admission, "To be expected ?"
And South America seems at the moment to be up to their shoulders in Covid-19, not exactly the bastion of clinical research or prevention. but that's just another left wing conspiracy, I'll never fathom how some of us can be so callous and abrasive when it comes to someones else's lives. Their lives don't matter do they ?

And there's really something to be said here for the fact that 60 to 70% of these deaths have been in old soldier homes and old folks homes, which are supposedly being regulated by the same folks who are trying to tell us our D!cks are gonna fall off if we go outside...

And are you sure there is even that many "Old Soldiers and Elderly" around to die ? But I'm sure you've got some numbers to back up your assertions. I'm in my later years, so by your reasoning I might as well just go out to the garage and hang myself, I'm gonna die anyway ? You deal not in facts, but numbers. And like any good lawyer or accountant, you can twist those numbers to reflect anything you want. The only thing that will alleviate this pandemic is a vaccine, and it ain't here yet. So the only method of prevention is a 'Mask' and keep as much distance from each other as possible.

Mr. Green thought this was just more "Scam-demic" BS. Maybe his family did too, they don't now, do they, but it's a little too late for his mother. Maybe if he had thought about the science, and not the administration BS she'd still be alive. But just like all the families of the 150.000 dead now know, it's not a "Scam-demic" it's a disease, a bad one.

Your always going to be able to twist the reality into what you what it to appear, you always will find enough crap to throw against the wall and some of it will stick. Walking your dog makes you extra susceptible to Covid, how? you walk your dog through a packed shopping malls ? No matter what I present, your going to come up with enough numbers (Facts) to dispel the reality of it. You do your research, don't you? Where, CDC, IDSE, John Hopkins Medicine, the NIH facility ?You and your cohorts always will. We're not experts, just two people with different viewpoints, but your not interested in that, Not facts, just more talking points to muddy the waters. when someone gets past the realm of logic, their just Troll.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If you dig up enough BS, you'll find something, but that doesn't mean it's true.
Your always going to be able to twist the reality into what you what it to appear, you always will find enough crap to throw against the wall and some of it will stick. You and your cohorts always will. Not facts, just more talking points to muddy the waters. troll.
I don't want to take sides here. I don't want to argue with anyone here. I want to get on this site and enjoy the peace and calm that comes with rubbing elbows with truck enthusiasts like myself.

That being said, @JTward1, you need to take some of your own medicine in these two statements. It's easy in the muddy waters to find only the information that will back your ideals. Both sides of the Covid fence have experts who can refute the info the other side produces with hard facts.

I believe this has been blown out of proportion due to this being an election year. I also believe that Covid is a very real killer. I have lost family members, and a close personal friend to this. I wear a mask and do all the other things necessary to avoid bringing this home to my elderly mother and wife who has pre-existing risk factors. I have a sister-in-law who sits in isolation in a ICU bed because of cancer treatment who now has Covid. It's real, it's being mismanaged, and I don't think anybody really knows what to do about it. I also believe if this weren't an election year, it would have been treated like so many other pandemic-possibles of years gone by.

I don't think @ThundahBeagle is a troll. Name calling never helps any discussion stay civil.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts