GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Give us the 411

Depends on what you use the truck for and what your goal is. Is it a daily commuter, or a working truck? Are you going to tow with it? Are you trying to improve the ride or the handling? Model make and year always help too.:great:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Watch video of a 3" lift

Stacey David has a show on ESPN called GearZ. In episode 11 he installs a 3" lift kit in a late model Silverado 4x4. If you register at the site you can watch the video online. goto: GearZtv.com:great:

Episode #11
Today on GearZ, its a real world, working man's truck where Stacey shows you how to take a late model diesel pick up and make it better, stronger, and tougher than it was before...and its something that can be done in the span of one weekend without breaking the bank proving once again that you can have a cool truck and still use it on the job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a 2006 crew cab 1500 silverado. 5.3 engine, with less than 12,000 miles. I have the highway gears and rarely tow anything. The truck is a daily driver, about 50 miles per day. light duty use. It's a truck for crying out loud. The front end should not bounce 5 time after going over a speedbump. I was thinking about putting some heavy duty shocks like bilsteins. Anyone else with a crew cab feel this way?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
We have had this discussion in another thread about Bilstien shocks. I have a set that I have not installed yet but did buy to smooth out the ride and control "the bounce". Here is a LINK to the other thread with some good info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great info. I emailed chevy to express my dislike of the soft suspension. When they reply, if they do, I expect them to tell me to have the dealership check it out. When nothin is found wrong I will install bilstiens.

Ok, what about installing a longer shock to lift or at least level the front end? Good or bad? My truck is all stock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A longer shock wont lift the truck. Shocks only control the "spring cycling" of the suspension (bad shock = repeated bounce). A longer shock will only bottom out on suspension compression. The dealer may have a higher rated spring for the front much the same as they do with torsion bars. If repeated cycling is what bothers you, you may try a "stronger shock" such as the high pressure gas Bilstiens.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
This is the same shock package I purchased for my truck. I have bought these torsion bar keys to level out the front end and the Bilstein shock package (set of 4) made for a 1-2" front lift.

Reactions: TrailLeadr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts