GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure of the years but I’m pretty sure it was from mid 90’s to maybe ‘04 or 05. My question is about repairing the GM cruise control module for this year range. I know it was used in a number of vehicles such as suburbans pickups trailblazers etc. I was not able to find a new one so I went to a junkyard to get one for my ‘97 suburban. While there looking I found that several of these modules had the cover removed and some parts missing. Is there a fix for these things? I haven’t been able to find much in the way of finding a repair all I’ve found is replacement.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
There is a single possible fix attempt you could try. Using a very hot soldering iron and a bit of clean solder, you can try to reflow the joints on the main board.

73318EA1-BC83-4704-849F-A0FD3C2697B9.jpeg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will have to check that on my old one. The one I picked up from the junkyard seems to be working. I took the old one apart and found that number 1, those 4 screws will break incredibly easy when removing the cover. The second thing I found was the worm gear inside seems to be what people were robbing at the salvage yard. I'm a bit confused by all that trouble for a worm gear when the complete unit was 20 bucks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts