GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here. I have a 98 GMC Sonoma extended cab. My cruise control works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
I changed out the break pedal switch and it didn't do anything. I also changed the combination switch because My intermittent wipers wouldn't work most of the time only hi speed. They work now but nothing on the cruise. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy and welcome. Start with my write up found here.

Hello Greg,
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. I sort of figured it must be the module. I changed everything else with no results. If the board is bad I assume you bought one from a recycle yard? The only thing I could find anywhere were rebuilds. Major bucks. Rock auto has a service where you send them the whole module and they rebuild it. $250.00.
By the way I already tried getting the cover off the other day. I was afraid I might break it though. I just put it all back together. I'll try again after verifying the wiring info you posted. How did you manage to get it off safely?
I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Solid screwdriver engagement and then a bit of patient prying. They are indeed sealed very well. Yes, it was a salvage yard board.
I’m very blessed to have access to several dozen salvage GMT400 trucks. If you’re in need of a replacement, I may be able to get one for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Greg,
I managed to get the top off. Most of the electrical contacts were pretty much oxidized so I lightly sanded all of them with fine sand paper and cleaned them with electrical contact cleaner and put it back together. So far it's been working. I hope it continues to.

Thanks for the help.
Wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts