GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curling is catching on, there are a bunch of Dr. Pepper/Dallas Stars centers down here (like 15 or more), which are just ice rinks really.

Anyhow, they've been popular places for people to go out and form curling teams and I think even leagues down here. http://www.dfwcurling.com/

How big is curling in Canada? Just curious, becuase I don't hear about it all the time, is it like bowling on ice, that sort of thing?

·
Registered
533 Posts
it's a kinda big thing depends on where you live since where i lived pool and bowling were a big thing they also had the curling matches

:)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Curling is huge up here. They take it very serious.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Curling

In Saskatchewan every town has a curling rink. I haven't had time to try it but watched when
I worked a case in small towns. Will

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mess with Saskatchewans Curling rocks, May aswell be messing with there rides, Its the same thing...To some its a religion.

Cant drive through a town here in sask without seeing a Curling Rink......(Notice the Capitals used)...lol

:party:

·
Registered
47 Posts
How big is curling in Canada? Just curious, becuase I don't hear about it all the time, is it like bowling on ice, that sort of thing?

its pretty big i like it... its more like shuffle borad then bowling except your throwing the rock at a bulls eye instead of a triangle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heck, there's even a PC video game for curling... Yes, I've lived in both Edmonton, Alberta and now Kamloops, British Columbia and curling is very big. While I haven't played since Phys Ed in High School, most the people I work with are in a league or something! I've gone to a few national events as well...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Curling is sorta big where I live, I started in high school as we had the provincial high school competition in our city on year when I was in high school. Kept it up for a few years until I got busy with college, but once a winter I get out as at work we have a annual curling tournament one weekend in march, always a great time! Takes a little while for it to come back but its like riding a bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts