GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tossing around the idea of contacting a metal shop to fab me some custom tow hooks. Has anybody else thought of this or has done this or even thinks it is worth doing?? I am thinking of using the same 2 bolt holes and just having a D ring rather than a loop. I have this pic of what I kinda want it to look like. I really like how the Hummer's have D rings on them.

d ring.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Huh, those look pretty cool. Where did you get that picture?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a google image search for tow hook and d ring. I think it would look pretty cool too, but just not sure how much a shop will charge for work like that.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I like it, we did some on the classic body styles years ago before the NNBS came out. I don't remmember what we charged.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good heads up JB! Looks like most are between $25-$50 so that gives me a good idea how much a custom bracket should cost.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i built a bumper and it has custom tow hooks pretty well just like that. i dont have pics yet since i dropped it off for sandblasting so i can have it coated but ya it doesnt take much to do that

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have seen those on a few s-10 trucks i would really like a set on my truck keep us up to date on this please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts