GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 TB with less than 10K miles. It developed an oil leak and the dealership suspected it was an intake/valve cover gasket. After pulling the intake manifold, they found oil on the intake ports and said it needs a NEW head.

They said the metal is pourous and there is a TSB out on them leaking. Sounds rather serious for an engine with such low mileage.

Anyone else having the same experience?

Thanks in advance,
Sprint

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Sounds like it's a design or production run flaw, and apparently gm recognizes it, if there is a tsb for it. I suspect we'll see more on that in the future. Definately have it done right away while it's covered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an update to the faulty head saga...the GOOD News, after a week in the shop, the new head came in. The BAD news, it has no valves, springs etc. Now those are on RUSH order and it is expected to take another 10 days to arrive.

I called GM to voice my disappointment the whole mess and got Spanish version of phone instructions. Had to wait until they were done to get the English version of the same. Go Figure! When a person finally came on the phone, they spoke broken English (sounded like they were in India) and all he could do is "document" the complaint.

With such outstanding service and quality control, they are sure to regain some of the Market Share they are loosing. NOT!

Sorry to say...after thirty+ years of loyalty and financial support, GM has lost me too.

Sprint

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Dump new and buy used!

It seems like a real shame to shell out $30k+ for a Chevy and get Yugo quality support. I mean when I owned a Triumph and they told me the part was on order.....from England.....it was something I just expected. But a Chevy? Of course I'm plenty happy to own and drive older Detroit iron. Shelling out 8 - 10 grand for used, leaves plenty of room in my budget to drop a couple of grand for repairs without wincing. Besides paid for car seems to drive just a little bit better than any of the cars I made payments on.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
RE: Dump new and buy used!

Sorry to hear what you've been going to. When I called I usually ask for level 2 support right away and that's always in the states (for computer repair, car, DSL, whatever) ... If it's under warranty are they giving you a rental car? I got a rental when they did my taillights and weatherseal on my rear license place cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts