GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt really performance but i didnt feel it was good enough to be its own thread. I took my stock burb offroading tonight just some small trails. and by small i mean really really narrow quad trails. I have no idea how i fit through them. Not much mud just some hill climbs and loose gravel/sand. Its not easy to turn that thing around in the woods either, especially at night. My only complaint in the lack of clearance, but i felt it did well for a 12 year old vehicle with 187,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Sweet! Sounds like it was a fun time!

Well Dan, I think it's good enough to have it's own thread!!:great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sounds like fun. You are in Tenessee if I remember right?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, connecticut actually.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Ah thats right sorry. You have lots of trails around you? I take it its property you can tear around with no problems.
CT stands for Connecticut, I'll be OK lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there's not that many trails around here that I've found so far. Theres one place that pretty much everyone in my school who offroads goes to but its got huge ruts everywhere. Ground clearance isn't really the suburban's best feature so for the most part I stay outa there. But last week I was driving on this one abandoned road and noticed some atv trails going into the woods. Saturday night my friend who has a F**d ExploDer and I decided to go back ther. He took one look at this hill going in and said forget it. So he rode with me and spotted me around trees and rocks (remember this is a suburban in an atv trail). All in all it was a good time.:great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That does sound like fun. Thats why I'm selling the TB. I need a toy not a pretty commuting truck. LOL. Something I can tear apart and have fun with and haul a few things around.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, I wouldnt take a nice truck like a trailblazer offroading. Mine's already scratched and dented from the previous owner so I don't have a problem driving through the woods. Since the front window was open on the passenger side for spotting purposes my friends lap and the seat is full of sticks and leaves.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Ya a TB is hardly an off-road terror. I would put money on something breaking...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts