GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a dash for a 95 K1500, I live in North Carolina. I have looked in the pick and pull yards near by with no luck, A dash cover will not work because the trim clips are broke . Thanks for any help

·
Registered
381 Posts
You are not the only one looking for that dash. Me too, and my experience locally in FL is the same.

Reactions: kennythewelder

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Understanding that you’d like to keep the truck looking the same, you mave have better luck trying to find one from a year or two newer. It won’t be exactly the same, but it may help locating a decent one. I got plumb lucky. I found one about six months ago at a pick n pull yard. I added the dash mount tab set that’s available from LMC truck. Worked great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
By the way does anyone have any experience with the rubber covers that has been made ? I have a crack on mine just above the gauge cluster and frame. I believe i can hotglue the crack and bondo the crack even, but of course it will look like crap without something to cover it ?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
The under side of the dash will need copious amounts of strength. I put a pristine replacement in mine about three years ago. I’m kicking myself for not ‘glassing the entire underside. It cracked after about 18 months.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I have been working on my dash for a long time. So far, I find what works best, is to cut a small window in the dash @ the crack so you can get a backing under it. I have been using small aluminum sheet metal parts cut to size, and gluing them in place with some JBWeld. Letting that sit over night, then removing whatever clap jig I rig up to hold the aluminum over night. Then I JBWeld the plastic dash section I removed, back in place, then fill the voids with JBWeld. The next day, I sand smooth with some 100 grit sand paper. Clean all that up, and paint with some duplacolor vinal and fabric paint. I find this works very well. It is time consuming but well worth the effort. Here are a few recent pics. In the last pic, I had a crack on the right top corner of the dash, you can see, it is all fixed now. It doesnt look like it ever had a crack there. Also in that same pic, you can see screws on the top of the bezel. I have filled those with JBWeld also, and sanded them down. Screws are now gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts