GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading another post which inspired me to make this one...

I have been looking for new dash trim inserts for my '07 NBS 1500 LTZ. I am not a big fan of the LTZ's woodgrain and I have had no luck finding anything else on the aftermarket.

Anyone seen any of these that are not wood grain? I think carbon fiber would look nice (black truck with ebony (aka black) interior), but I would just like to look to see what else is out there other than the woodgrain. I have been on the hunt for 8 months or so and I have not found anything outside of the factory replacements.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i also do not like those cheezy wood grain accents... i found some on ebay as they were not cheap though, i think about $200-300 for the whole set and they had diff. options of colours etc... i will try to find it again for you

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Ever thought of carbon fiber inserts? That would look awesome on your truck with the black on black colors.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I did some Googling and found this site that makes kits in any color. They list the 2007 and up Silverado and all different colors of carbon fiber but the menus are tricky so you may be able to contact them to get the exact application you need.

Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did some Googling and found this site that makes kits in any color. They list the 2007 and up Silverado and all different colors of carbon fiber but the menus are tricky so you may be able to contact them to get the exact application you need.

Good luck.
i have delt with that site all those are is stickers you put on your dash pieces...im not knocking that application just dont really think thats what you are looking for.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
i have delt with that site all those are is stickers you put on your dash pieces...im not knocking that application just dont really think thats what you are looking for.
Good call! I would not scrimp on quality for my ride so thanks for the info.:great:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good call! I would not scrimp on quality for my ride so thanks for the info.:great:
no problem, i did alot of custom interior work to my 01 galant and did tons of research on the interior trim pieces(it also had woodgrain lol) i will look through my contacts and see if i can find where you can get complete replacement pieces...although that route is awefully pricey..i think your best bet which we did in our glanat community is to find pieces that work from different models of the same truck and put them in instead, im not sure if this will work in our case because i am not to familure with the LTZ model but its an idea....good luck

here is a link to my galant if you want to check out all the work i did to its interior: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/217858

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I like all the custom work you did for your Galant. Any plans for your Silverado?
Mine is the Classic body style and I found a customized truck on another website that looks similar to some of the work that you did to your Galant.

·
Registered
82 Posts
nah dont think i am going to go real crazy on the interior of the truck..i like the color scheme and everything looks really nice. about the only interior mods i am going to do eventually is a new stereo system. it is the basic LT setup thats ok but i am going to need more :yes: and other than the tonneau cover the the only other thing would be new wheels and tires...eventually lol

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I agree with you on the interior mods. My 2006 LT has the Ebony Leather snf it looks sharp with the Yellow exterior. Someday I will put a killer sound system in it but other than that, the Husky Liner floor mats and a DU-HA storage box will be my only interior mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I noticed that they were stickers too :(

SOMEONE has to make these, I find it hard to believe there isn't a market for this stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts