GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a spin off on my current tire pressure monitor warning system not liking my new high pressure tires?
Since the TPMS started going off on all 4 tires, the dash, that has the warning script is now all blank? Has all four tires being out of range for the truck caused to dash to malfunction?
It was acting "sluggish" when we found the warnings on after installing the tires. Didn't think much about it, but now its not showing anything. Speedo and tack all else seems to work.
Is there a limit on about of warnings this system can handle? Acting just like and old PC with poor memory?
2007, Suburban, 1500, 104K miles
TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My follow up on the dash problem. The dash, Driver Info Center, going blank and my tire warning issue seem to be a huge coincidence. Tire warning from new tires is separate issue
The dash seems to be a big, know problem for 2007 Suburban's. There is or was a factory bulletin on this it seems?
On another message board i found tons of people with like problem, with the dash going blank in the info center area. It is a electrical component that has a cold solder joint. This can be resoldered
in the field. You can get it repaired by several places. I have called a guy mentioned in the thread i referenced. He still fixes these and others, the threads were from 2010 and on. He is Tulsa Oklahoma, an hour plus drive from OKC.
Repairing this involves pulling the cluster and to access the solder location you must pull the needle hands from all the gauges. This is not something I want to try. Deliver the truck to the repair place, they pull the cluster and fix, reinstall while you wait. I will make an appointment soon
Thought I would tell others what they should know if they have a 2007 with similar problems. BTW one of the tips was to tap the gauge cluster between the two dial, speedo and tach. This made the area light up for a few seconds and then go out. Told me letting air out of my tires would not help!
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts