GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Trailblazer 04 EXT has dead accessory power outlets. I can't find a fuse or any reference to a fix. My cigarette lighter works fine.
I pulled fuses and they look good.

Any suggestions?

Pete S

:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The fuse for the power outlets is different than the cig lighter. Technically, the other power ports are called the "front auxillary" & "console auxillary" power outlets.

(for the benefit of others) You can find the fuses in the rear fuse block, which is located underneath the drivers-side rear seat. (Just lift the seat up and you'll see it). The fuse for the front & console auxillary power outlets is AUX PWR 1, fuse #46 - 20 amps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer and was told where it was. I couldn't believe that the ONLY reference to a fuse box in the owners manual was the one under the hood. I find this to be really lame on the part of GM not to mention that the vehicle has 2 fuse boxes.
Is the omission just sloppy on the part of GM or is it a ploy to get the customer into the dealer?
I have to ask myself if the Japanese auto makers would make this mistake?
This comes from a person that has owned mostly GM produts for many years.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Hmmmm. The owners manuals for my Chevy's indicate the location of all fuses and fuse panels. Odd that GM dropped the ball on the TB.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 06 TrailBlazer. Neither the cigarette lighter or auxilary outlets work. Since the vehicle was previously a rental I am assuming that the fuses for these were taken out. I see that the fuse for the auxilary outlets is #46 from the reply above. Does anyone know the location for the cigarette lighter fuse?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts