GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you buy a new/used vehicle from a Dealership or a Stealership? Have a favorite?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I bought my truck from a dealership that were very shady and dishonest. I got the truck of my dreams for a price that I was happy with and got what I wanted for my trade-in but after I left with my new truck, they turned their back on me and would not help me with my complaints or problems. Wouldn't you know it that 1-month later they lost their dealership from GM and are now a big used car dealer.
I now use Curt Warner Chevrolet in Vancouver, WA for all my service and warranty needs. I like how they call you a few days later to make sure you are satisfied with the work done to your vehicle and the way you were treated at the dealership. :great:

·
Registered
533 Posts
stealership all the way ..went in for a trany swap under the gmpp warranty they screwed it up had to go to another dealership to fix the thing to get it running ... still not shifting corectly

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well I'm a little both ways. I think I got a great deal. I ended up saving a little over $11,000 on the whole package but the truck I really wanted that was a bit more expensive they dropped the price on it the next day bye $8,000. I confronted the sales manager and he was like sorry to bad. I was pissed considering they had already sent the flyer out to the paper and didn't give me that deal. But anyways I figure I got an awesome deal, somone else just gets a better one. :great:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Roy Robinson Chevrolet in Marysville, Wa were great to deal with. The deal was done over the phone, I drove down and signed the paperwork and received the orientation of the truck and was out of there in under one hour.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well I'm a little both ways. I think I got a great deal. I ended up saving a little over $11,000 on the whole package but the truck I really wanted that was a bit more expensive they dropped the price on it the next day bye $8,000. I confronted the sales manager and he was like sorry to bad. I was pissed considering they had already sent the flyer out to the paper and didn't give me that deal. But anyways I figure I got an awesome deal, somone else just gets a better one. :great:
I thought you have a period of time where you can change your mind and bring back a vehicle, is that correct?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah I thought that too. In most places you can but at this particular dealership You can't. I didn't believe them so I took out all the papers I signed and right there at the bottom in like 4 size font it says. Once the truck leaves the dealership it may not be returned or something like that. So I was like ya got me. :grrrrrr:

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
We recently bought an 08 HHR from Vandegriff Chevrolet in Arlington Tx. and so far my opinion is theyre a good dealership.
I wanted specific color, interior, and options. I found the car I wanted in Houston Tx. I didnt have time to drive to Houston and the dealership was high on the price. I went to Vandegriff, gave them a build sheet from the Chevy website and told them this is the car I want and here's how much I'll pay. Once they found they didnt have the car I wanted on site they never tried to sell me dealer stock, they located the car (happened to be the one in Houston), and gave me a price. I agreed on the price and they had it shipped to the dealership 3 days later. My wife looked it over and test drove it, the next day I went in and signed the paperwork.
Vandegriff gave us $2000 cash back instead of the $1500 Texas dealers incentive.
As with all dealers they gave us the warranty and extra's sales pitch, we went in with 80% cash and an open loan from the credit union for the balance so we didnt need dealer financing.
The only other issue was a small ding on the fender which they gave us $250 credit in the parts and service department and used paintless dent to remove the ding in less than 10 minutes while we were signing paperwork.
All totaled we made 2 trips each to the dealership and spent less than 3 hours there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got both a stealership dixie buick,gmc pontiac in fort myers florida. ripe offs, there service sucks. Now I rec. Devoe Pontiac service no problems as of yet. I also rec. Bill Branch chevy in Ft. Myers and Roger Dean Chevy in cape coral fl. for service. as for buying a vehical I go out of area over charge. Id rather go to Orlando Fl to get a better deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts