GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar issue on my 2017 Sierra SLT. I read somewhere that the shutter assembly will open/close at start-up to ensure functionality (I'm guessing so they don't get stuck closed). I've yet to witness this, but I have heard mine make a "clicking sound" after shutdown. I am assuming that the motor is trying to close but something in the linkage is throwed off. I'll check it out this weekend.
Here is proof that GMC knows about the issue and should do a recall (note: it's 75 F where I am located, so the little bit of snow we had a few weeks ago is not an issue).

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
1 Posts
I recently had my 2017 Silverado in for servicing and they told me this code was also part of my issue. Does anyone know of a way to just remove these shutters all together and clear the code off or are the shutters needed and need to be repaired? I hate having the check engine light on my dash but don't want to spend the money on a useless repair.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
I suspect unplugging it will throw a code and bring up the light.
You will probably have to fix it.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
The only VOM check would be motor windings resistance. Depending upon the number of windings, the resistance will vary; but it would be between 1 and 3 ohms, maybe only 0.5 ohms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2017 GMC Denali (Canadian Model). Active Grille Shutter went out during a February snow storm on the way down to warmer weather from UT to AZ. Dealership in AZ charged $600 to diagnose. Replaced Throttle Body Sensor and reprogrammed the ECM. Left dealership and engine light came on right away; returned to dealership within minutes following a phone call. Dealership stated we had a stored code for the active air grill shutter, part on back order and that the remote start will not work until the shutter is replaced (paid for an engine light diagnosis-light was still on). Was told this item was not covered under my factory warranty, vehicle is now out of factory warranty.

Purchased the part from partsgeek and installed once we returned home to UT. Engine light is off upon initial start and then comes back on permanently within seconds. Took my truck into the local dealership in Riverdale, UT for standard differential services and a function test/engine light reset for the replacement shutter (services and light was $500). Light came back on at the dealership upon pickup, dealership suggested using a genuine GM part. Purchased another shutter assembly, replaced and engine light is off upon initial start and comes back on permanently within seconds.

We drop off our truck again for another "diagnosis" at $150...what are the chances that the GM part is faulty? All connection, harness and plug pins have been inspected. This item should be plug and play, but neither replacement assemblies activate following install and start up as the original part had done. I will follow-up to this post if we get a resolution.

I would like to know if anyone knows of the fuse location attached to the grille shutter. I'd like to start with the basics and check to see if this is something simple and maybe easily missed.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Owners manual, page 10-48

Next time your getting the code(s) read, write them down, we need to see them to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Owners manual, page 10-48

Next time your getting the code(s) read, write them down, we need to see them to help you.
Vehicle data was inside the vehicle when I was typing this up from a pc.

Vehicle is at the dealership now and is throwing 9 other codes. I'll keep you posted on status, but now the dealership gets to throw parts at it. Sigh

21 - 29 of 29 Posts